Broken Promises - FINALE

Equana quickly picked up her youngest and grabbed her two year old by the hand to leave. Not knowing where to go, she just knew she wasn't gonna spend one more night in that hotel. Walking out the room, she quickly went the opposite direction of the crime scene. She noticed that it was a Target right across the highway. Young helpless Equana had no idea what she was doing but she knew she needed to get help from somebody she could trust. Making it in Target, she rushed her babies in the women restroom. Her youngest started to cry as she calmed him down. Looking through her phone in frustration, as the three stood together in one stall.

"Damn man! What the fuck going on?"

Biting her nails as she always did when she got nervous. She suddenly heard a knock on her stoll...

"Ma'am are you alright?"

The elderly woman could hear Equana's cry and asked in concern. Equana sniffed up her tears and finally responded....

"Yeah we're okay!"

"Are you sure baby?"

"I said we're okay!"

The woman could tell by Equana tone of voice, that she didn't want to be bothered.

Suddenly, Equana gets a call from the officer that raped her; she quickly ignored it. The officer called again, and again, and again... still no answer.

"What the hell he want!? Damn man!"

Equana knew she had to make a move. She wanted to call the police, but hell she figured you can't even trust them bastards. Instead, she headed out the bathroom and prayed that a taxi would be somewhere in site. The only person she could half way trust at that point, was her principal who gave her chance after chance. Equana walked out the bathroom and suddenly felt someone come behind her, poking her in the back with a gun....

"Bitch let's go!"

It was Henry.

"Henry please don't do this. You don't have to do this!"

Henry shoved the gun even harder in her back, as he looked around to watch his surroundings. He walked behind her very close.

"It's a blue Pontiac out there and you will get in it. If you failed to do so, I will kill you and your kids on site. Do you understand? DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

Equana responded scared for her and her babies life...

"Yes...Yes Henry! Just please don't hurt my babies."

The four walked out to the car and drove off. As soon as the four got settled, Henry immediately punched her in her face.

"Bitch...so you gon lie on me...HUH?"

"Please Henry...baby I'm sorry ...please Henry!"

But Henry kept beating and beating her, as she yelled with tears.

Henry drove off and sped off fast. Driving down the interstate, the car was quiet. Equana was at a all time low. She really just felt like dying at the moment. Not knowing where they were going and afraid to ask, she started praying in her head.

Ten minutes later, Henry could see numerous of police cars behind him. They sped beside him on both sides, demanding him to pull over. Henry hit the stirring wheel hard as he finally pulled over.

Surrounded by detectives, Henry grabbed their youngest and put the gun to the baby head. He got out the car holding the baby along with the gun.

"GET BACK OR ILL KILL THIS LITTLE MAFUKA...GET BACK I SAID!"

Equana jumped out also yelling and pleading with Henry, not to harm their child.

"Sir give us the child and put your hands up! It don't have to be this way. Put the baby down gently and put your hands up...NOW!"

Henry looked around him and knew that it was no way out. He then looked at his baby and kissed him and blew one at his oldest.

"Daddy love y'all!"

****BOOOM*****

*4 Months later*

Officer Randall McCoy you are found guilty for sexual assault, rape, aggravated assault of Ms Equana Jones. 20 years without parole!

The court screamed with joy. Equana started to cry with joy. For the first time in a long time she felt free. She never had no remorse towards Henry killing himself. She just hated her friend Lexis and her mother fell victim to him.

*6 months later*

Baby I'm so proud of you and all of what you don overcame. Always remember, you and your babies can stay here for how long as you want.... Don't be nervous and don't you worry about these children, their in good hands; now gone on now. Equana was on her way to her last day of school, to get her GED. She walked to Mrs. Simmons front door, looking back at the three, and just smiled. Mrs Simmons smiled and replied....

"Baby go get it.....a smile full of Broken Promises but head held high as the mountains! God is good!"

Mrs. Simmons was the same elderly lady that knew something was wrong that day at Target, knocking on her stoll. The same lady who seen Henry forcing her to his car. The same lady who called the police and told her about her troubles.

5years later....

Equana graduated from Kingmon University and is now a social worker for troubled teens. Her story was nationwide and was eventually made into a lifetime movie.

*********THE END*********