#BrokenPromises Chapter 10

Equana swallowed hard as the words from the police officer startled her. Finally building up enough to respond....

"What you mean officer? So you saying he killed my mother?"

The officer shook his head, as in him hating being the barrier of bad news...

"Ma'am according to Ms Roberts autopsy results and looking back at records from you mothers a couple years ago, both died of rat poison mixed in with heroine. Now by law, we can't convict Henry unless you testify or have,strong evidence. The only evidence we have tied to Ms Roberts, was from I believe your friend Lexis, that he was the last person around her."

Equana heart started pounding instantly but responded...

"Testify? Regarding what officer? What are you saying?"

"Ma'am we need your whole story on Henry. The raping, the dealings, the kids, etc."

The officer could see Equana looking troubled and confused...

"Ma'am as of now,  let us do our job and try to find Henry. Do you have any idea who may of had bonded him out? Because according to officers back at the office, she claim that she was her sister."

Equana quickly went into deep thought thinking about the phone call. She explained to him again, that she received a threatening call from Lexis phone but was in the voice of Henry's.

"Ok ma'am sounds like whoever bailed him out, he went to take revenge on Lisa's daughter Lexis. Officers also discovered that her home was invaded and she wasc nowhere to be found or heard of according to family members. Ma'am I'm sorry, but we will have to put you in a hotel under our protective custody."

Equana eyes got even bigger as the officer continued talk. Seems like going through for her was the common thing.

"Ma'am don't worry, the hotel we have set up is on the other side of town and we will have officers on duty every other hour to check in."

Equana gathered her and her kids belongings together as the officers awaited for her outside. She got her kids dressed and headed outside. On the way to the hotel, she noticed something fishy about the officer. She noticed him rubbing the inside of the crease of his arm and could see him constantly sniffing and coughing. The same thing her mother use to do when she needed her next hit of drugs.

**STAY TUNED FOR CHAPTER 11...THE EPICNESS CONTINUES**