Two For The Blood (Eric Northman) Ch.21 No Charge

Ch. 21 No Charge

As the week went on agonizingly slow, I did all I could to stay away from Eric. When he would sleep, I would be up doing my laundry or dishes or working out. Anything to keep myself busy. You may be wondering why the hell would I want to be ignoring my hunky powerful vampire, and the truth is I was doing it for him. My peace of mind was not its normal self. Something in me that night I fell into unconsciousness at the counsel did a number on me. I felt like a cracked shell and Eric doesn't deserve to be around that.

The one thing that really surprised me was the car keys Eric left beside my bed before he left for work. I watched from the window as he drove off in his sleek car and ran down to the garage to see what kind of car he left me. As I opened the garage door my mouth dropped when I saw the brand new black Audi A6 sitting there waiting for me. There was no way I couldn't drive it and I went back upstairs to get some descent closes on.

I decided on a simple pair of black skinny jeans, a white V-neck t-shirt, a pair of purple low-rise Converse, and some eye popping makeup.

When I was done I slithered into the seat and sped off towards Fangtasia. It was about time I started putting myself back together and I wanted to thank Eric for the car.

I pulled up and the place was packed! The line was going way past the parking. Pam saw me arrive and smiled when I walked into the building. Lust, fear, desire, and any other heavy emotion plastered the walls and all who were inside. It was addicting and made me want to dance. There's no time for that, I thought to myself and made my way to Eric's office. I didn't think of knocking and just walked in.

A girl who was straddling Eric's lap as he fed off her turned around and asked, "Who's that?" With disgust.

Eric licked the blood off his lips and was about to object. Through the bond I could tell he felt bad and wanted to run to me. "Just a waitress, carry on." I stated frank and walked out the door feeling like another chip of myself had broken off.

"Where are you going?" Pam asked hurt and I gave her a tight hug.

"I gotta go, but I'll talk to you later. We could have a girls night." I smiled and left.

Strangely I wound up where a bunch of shops were. There was everything from Victoria's Secret (which I made a note to go into when it was open) to a surf shop.

I found a nice open parking lot and pulled in. It looked like a nice time to walk around and clear my head again. My feet carried me around a corner where I saw a woman having trouble juggling a few boxes and trying to open the door.

I ran towards her and caught a box before it fell. "Here let me help you," I offered and the woman turned to look at me. Her face was very pretty with her tan skin, but her dark hair was really frizzy, and she must have been in her mid thirties.

"Thank you so much! It's just in here." She said and we made our way into the shop. Instantly I realized I walked in a magic shop.

Spell books lined a majority of the walls in every size. Weird substances homed themselves in jars on tables. Candles of every color and scent had their own corner and a desk with a cashier seated itself to the left.

"Wow," I breathed, "you own this place?" I asked amazed.

"Yep! I think it's been a good five years and going strong! Have a look around if you want."

My curiosity got the better of me and I couldn't help but take her up on her offer. This place was amazing! Not that I was ever a witch but I've done some candle magic once or twice. As I made my way over to the crystal, I noticed an open door. Slowly I peeked in and couldn't believe what I saw! An old dance studio!

"Oh I see you've found the old dance studio. At least I think that's what it used to be." The woman said as I gawped at it.

"Yes! I haven't been able to dance in awhile due to some circumstances. Do you ever use it?" I asked while walking in and loving the feel of the hard wood beneath my shoes.

"Not really, except for storage sometimes." She stated.

"I'm sorry I never got your name." I smiled and stuck my hand out.

She took it and laughed. "Oh how rude of me! I'm Ava! How about you?"

"I'm Violet. I would love to refurnish this place! A dash of pain, some floor shine, and bam you have a dance studio!" I boomed in excitement.

"Sure if you want! No body has used it in years. I won't even charge you. Plus it would be nice to see dancers in there. I heard it used to be the place to go to in this city if you ever wanted to learn the steps."

I spun around to look the room over once more. "Thank you so much! I'll have little ballerinas, tapping tappers, jazzy jazzers, and more in this place before you know it!" I squealed and gave Ava a hug.

She laughed at me and told me to ask if she needed any help. I left five minutes later more illuminated than a ball of sunshine. The girl from earlier had totally slipped my mind as I drive back to Eric's. I came through the door doing turns and hopped my way to bed. When my head hit the pillow, I knew I was going to have lovely dreams that night.