Ch. 57 Till The World Ends

It was cold and the wind was whistling outside Caine's house. The sky was growing very dark before it was even five in the afternoon. Very abnormal for the time of year.

            The Earth must be sad.

            I stood by the window just thinking about nothing but Eric. I remembered the first time I saw him sitting on his thrown in Fangtasia. How high and mighty he presented himself. The pull towards him when we locked eyes that first time was magic. It practically stopped my heart.

            I wonder how it was for him?

            My mind then drifted to the time I saw his jealous side with the guy named Ace. He was gay for crying out loud, but still Eric didn't want me dancing with no man. I quietly giggled to myself of how after I shook some tick tacks in his face. It was absolutely priceless. Or the time when I fell asleep on the couch and woke up while Eric was carrying me. When he flew off into the air I was scared more than ever, but still he never dropped me. Eric held me so secure but so gentle I could still feel his imprints from his strong arms on my skin.

            Why does this have to happen?

            It seemed this last day before the war would begin tomorrow I was just numb. All over my body I couldn't feel a thing. Not warmth, not cold, not someone bumping into me. All I could think about was Eric and the life we had together. It was brief, but it was the best moments of my life. The whole time I fought with him in the beginning to the time we trashed the hotel room because I was feeling the power of the goddess within me. Annabelle wasn't even mad but I still felt guilty.

            "Violet we need you to go over some tactics," Caine's voice called to me from behind.

            "Coming."

~

Eric's P.O.V.

            I sat in the farthest bedroom away from anyone or thing in the whole mansion. I didn't want company, not even from Eris. I could feel the time for war was upon me. Tomorrow I would fight and open the door and the world would be sucked into hell. Sounded easy enough. What wasn't easy was trying to get rid of the memories coming into my mind of Violet.

            I remembered the time I felt a draw towards her the first moment I laid eyes on Violet. It was magnetic, dynamic, enchanting. It was a connection formed like nothing I had felt ever. She was beautiful and it made me angry to think of anyone touching her. It didn't matter if she already belonged to someone; she became mine just from walking in the door. Whatever plans she made in life would have to be on hold because she was mine. She was mine. Mine. Mine.

            She was. Was. Past tense. Not anymore. Not her lips on my skin. Not her hands holding mine or caressing my face. Not her warm embraces against my cold ancient flesh. Not her sweet breath tickling my skin as she would whisper loving words into my ears at night before going to bed. Not-

            "GAHHH!" I roared in uncertainty as to why I was feeling this now. She didn't matter to me. I was hopefully going to kill her if Eris didn't tomorrow. Why was this coming to me now?!

            Because you love her.

            The voice whispering to me in my head was my maker's. I stopped what I was doing immediately and froze.

            I don't love her. My voice was firm but even I could hear the weak in it.

            Why else would you be thinking about her Eric?