Ch. 52 Secret Unsealed

I felt like my behavior was inexcusable. The way I broke down in front of Caine, Max, how my feelings could have destroyed me. No, it was not ok. I was in the middle of a war. I was a demigod. A warrior. I needed to toughen up because this was reality.

         After falling asleep in Max’s arm in the crumbling rundown boxing ring, I woke up feeling older, bolder, not my once carefree self. It was different, I was different, but I knew what needed to be done. I asked Leona and her coven if they could make a door or portal to a huge estate for sale I saw online. The location was in France in the country and it was big enough to house all of our major troops present. It would be the place to train for combat and be far enough hopefully where we could devise our battle plans without interruptions.

         “You bet.”

         I watched for awhile as the covens and Leona went to work on a plain closet door in Caine’s house. They chanted, lit some incense, candles flickered on with a look or flick of fingers from the strong group, and the magic happened. Everyone was shocked around but I. Simply I couldn’t explain my mature stance still, but we all one by one went through the portal into the huge French estate. It was just like the images online, and thankfully it was night out due to my vampire allies.  

         Within two hours combat training and battle plans were being continued. Opal was sent to her father Leonidas, prince of the fairies, to fill him in along with the others who were captured. Leona easily sent them with a transportation spell each.

         “Sky, Opal, Hazel, and Pearl are all back to their rightful place,” Leona smiled at me. I nodded and headed to the huge ballroom we turned into a training room.

         Walking down the light stone walled hallways my mind drifted to Max. How could he have not defeated Eris a thousand years ago? When they fight it looks like he is stronger than her and yet he is not a fully fledged god. He’s half like me. Why couldn’t he defeat her? Eris even looks slightly terrified of Max’s power when they fight. Something isn’t right. There’s something Max isn’t telling me.

         When I made it to the ballroom I saw the huge gymnastics mats on the floor. Everyone (the vampire covens, Alcide and his werewolves, Max, Caine, and so on) was paired into groups of two. I watched as Max and Caine with their shirts off faced one another. The two of them bare chested and glistening with sweat would send any girl over the edge with naughty thoughts. Including myself.

         I sighed in annoyance to my conscience about my hormones and walked along the side lines to observe some more. It was impressive to see such powerful beings go against one another. Caine saw me from out of the corner of his eye which distracted him long enough for Max to throw him into the ground. My face kept straight, but my heart made the smallest sympathy.

         “Pay attention,” I whispered only loud enough for Caine to hear. His face grew hard and his body flexed as he sprung back up to face Max again. I turned my back and walked out of the room to go be alone someplace else.

~

Eric’s P.O.V.

         I didn’t know she had it in her. She actually threw me into the sun. The wretched, but beautiful demise that can, and almost did, kill me. She said she was stronger than me! Me! Eric the Norseman! The Viking!

         I stood in boiling fury before the roaring fire in the bedroom Eris and I shared. My fists squeezed themselves tight till blood leaked down my hands and onto the carpet. My skin burned with shame, despise, and downright embarrassment about getting my ass whooped by an eighteen year old girl.