Ch. 50 God-Napped!

Eris’s P.O.V.

“Ahhhhh! Gahhh! Make it stop!!!” Eric was roaring in pain as he twitched and seized on my bed. I didn’t know what to do. His veins were glowing through his skin, the tattoo of Violet’s mark on his chest of the phoenix grew larger and larger and became alive on his chest. It’s talons ripped into his skin and he screamed some more.

This has got to do with Violet! How do I stop this?! I need Eric! He can’t die or everything will fall apart!

“I don’t know what to do,” I said scared and jumped back once a blinding light was coming out of Eric’s eyes. It touched my skin and I received a third degree burn. I staggered back in pain and fell to the floor.

What is happening? Could it be that she’s still alive?! Then- she must have been with someone too! But who?! Where is she now?!

As I listened to Eric more and saw the phoenix tattoo across him still slash every where it could, the blood poured out of the Viking and was soaking the bed. I couldn’t do anything until it would stop.

He could actually die from this!

~

Violet’s P.O.V.

I was deep in thought as I looked outside from the couch. It was day light out and Caine came up behind me to place a kiss on my head. I smiled at the affection but still couldn’t stop the sudden pang in my heart. It wasn’t too bad, like someone was poking me, but it still bothered me.

“What’s the matter?” Caine asked and came to sit next to me. I saw he was finally dressed in a long sleeve black shirt with dark grey jeans. He looked quite fine in my eyes.

“I just feel something in here,” I confessed and pointed at my heart. When I opened my shirt a little so I could peek down, I saw that my tattoo was glowing a little bit. “I’m sure that’s not normal.”

Caine gave me a quizzical look and I showed him. His eyebrows raised and he pulled out his phone from his pocket. “Um, hey Pam. Have you heard from Eric or any signs of Eris recently?”

I could hear her tell him no except she could tell he was in an enormous amount of pain.

“Pain?” I asked scared.

“We’ll come back tonight then. Are you ok?” Caine’s voice was sincere but Pam’s was pissed.

“I FEEL LIKE I’M DIEING DAMN IT!” And then she hung up.

“Do you think she will be ok?” I asked concerned.

The ancient vampire’s face looked a little nervous when he was deep in thought. “I’m not sure. If Pam is hurting this bad and if Eric is in that much pain-”

“I suppose we go at night fall?” I asked and grabbed his hand. My thumb stoked loving swipes against the back of his strong tan skin.

“That feels nice, and yes.”

I looked up into Caine’s now regular blue eyes and just stared deep within. He was feeling anxious and holding back. “What’s holding you back?” I asked and scooted towards him more.

He sighed and bowed his head before looking back up at me. “You don’t belong to me.”

“I don’t belong to anybody,” I responded and placed a small kiss on his lips. He savored the feeling after I pulled back.

“Yes you do. You belong to Eric, and the only way you won’t is if he dies I think.”

The look of sadness in the vampire’s eyes was becoming too much for me to bare. “Caine, if I could belong to you… would you have me?” I was a little scared of his answer. What if he said no?