fourteen

Gaea was laying down in bed at the infirmary in the palace. She was awake, simply staring at the ceiling. She was aware of Loki's gaze on the side of her face, but she ignored it.

"If you wish to say something, King Loki, I advise you to say it," Gaea whispered.

"I have nothing to say that can comfort you."

"I didn't ask you to comfort me. I'm not sure if you wanted to help raise the child, but it's not your concern anymore."

"How can you assume that?" he asked.

"You've said it yourself. You're not used to affection. You're not sure how to show love or if you're even capable of it. I think you are capable of loving someone, but you're scared," she explained.

"I wanted to raise our child," he said. "I wanted to be a good father - the right father. Not like Odin was to me."

"But now that chance is gone," she whispered.

"She was a sorceress who lived in the mountains," Loki spoke. "She's never showed up for anything down in Asgard. We're holding her in jail as of now. I'll hold a trial - "

"You're going to hold a trial for the woman who killed our child - your son or daughter?" Gaea asked, turning her head to look at him. "Are you a monster as well? How stupid can you be?"

Loki's nostrils flared. "I do not tolerate people calling me such names, Gaea, even if I am smitten with you."

"I just lost a life that was breeding inside me, Loki!" she exclaimed.

"I lost a life as well!" he exclaimed. "I may not have carried it for a few months, but it affected me as much as you!"

"I want her executed," Gaea demanded.

It shocked Loki. He had to pause for a moment to correctly comprehend what she was exactly talking about.

"Gaea, this is not like you - "

"It doesn't matter what is like me or not. You don't know who I am. I want her dead."

Loki bit the inside of his cheek. "If... If that's what you want."