seven

"Hello, Father," Gaea greeted as she walked into the small flower shop with a bundle of flowers in her arms.

Her father tried to come out from under the counter but hit his head on it instead. Gaea winced, put down the flowers, and rushed to help her father. She walked behind the counter and helped him to his feet.

"Oh - thank you, dear," Maurice said.

Maurice was much shorter than Gaea. He was a slightly frail man, but he had a good amount of fat on his body. He had a full mustache and wonderful robes on.

"What were you doing down there, Father?"

"Simply cleaning, dear. It was quite dusty down there," he replied.

Gaea smiled. "You should be more careful. I won't always be here to comfort you after you hit your head."

He nodded. "Of course. Now, what brings you here?"

"Same thing that always does, Father. I've more flowers for you."

"Yes, but you just came four days ago. You never come this early just to deliver flowers. What is this really about?" he questioned.

She sighed and sat down on an empty stool. "Father, I've made a new friend, but I don't think you'll approve of him."

"Well, if he is only a friend, then nothing can go wrong, now can it? Tell me who it is."

"Prince Loki, Father."

"P-Prince Loki? Gaea, you've heard the rumors of him! He likes to do sneaky things. What if..."

"What, Father?" Gaea asked.

"What if he does something to you?" Maurice asked.

"Like what?" she pressed, leaning forward.

Maurice grabbed a stray flower bouquet and gently smacked the top of her head. "Girl, how old are you? You know what I am talking about."

"Oh, Father, he wouldn't - not unless I say so. We've just talked. That's all."

Maurice sighed. "If you're sure. I just want you to be safe."