six

No less than a minute later, Gaea heard footsteps behind her. She looked over her shoulder to see a lion stalking toward her.  She rotated her body around, so she could properly face the animal.

"Loki, is that you?" Gaea asked.

Loki was mildly ticked off that she had figured him out once more, but it wasn't hard to, considering their previous conversation.

The lion walked closer and closer to her until she was forced to look up, her head tilted back. The lion bent his head down until his nose touched her forehead. She closed her eyes in bliss.

"You're being awfully intimate today," she whispered.

The lion made no noise, but walked into the ring of flowers and nudged his nose against her hand. Once she understood the message, she moved her hands off her lap. The lion laid down, putting his head on her lap.

For a moment, Gaea wasn't sure what to do with her hands, but then she rested them on his head and mane. She played with some of the hairs, brushing and stroking them.

"Are you sure you're okay? I've never seen you this intimate before - whether it be with me or anyone else. You did stab Prince Thor, your own brother, only a week ago."

He said nothing. He closed his eyes and continued to rest on her lap. Gaea curiously stared down at him. To her, he was such an odd person. She wasn't the best at reading people in general, but Loki was very difficult for her to understand.

She really hoped she was talking to Loki and not some random animal. However, if it was a random animal, she would have been able to understand it.

Loki was a misinterpreted person. He only wanted to impress his father and not be in Thor's shadow. He liked pranks and all, but he never wanted to murder people or commit genocide. Stabbing Thor was simply one of his ways of having fun.