five

As usual, Gaea was sitting in a ring of flowers. She was making more grow from the soil. Out of nowhere, Loki appeared before her.

"What's your favorite animal?" Loki curiously asked.

"Is this another illusion?" she asked before poking his cheek.

Her finger went through his cheek. The illusion glitched for a second. He swatted her hand away - though his hand went through her hand.

"Are you in your chambers?" Gaea asked.

"Why, would you like to come inside?"

He smirked at her. Gaea's cheeks were tinted with a faint pink. She swatted her hand through his face, clearly upset by what he had said.

"No, I'm not one of your mistresses to play with," she retorted.

His smirk disappeared and his face slightly hardened. "I don't have mistresses. I'm not my brother, Gaea, or perhaps I should start calling you Lady Gaea as my brother does."

"You may call me whatever you wish to call me, but I must admit that Lady Gaea makes me feel old," she said.

"But you are, are you not?" Loki asked.

"I am not revealing my age to you, God of Mischief. If you're here to discuss something important, can you please discuss?"

"I always thought you were nice, but it seems that you've got quite a tongue on you. I'm sure most men like that," he said, scanning her face for any response.

Her eyes widened. "I don't...play around, Prince Loki. If you haven't noticed, I'm quite fond of the forest and its inhabitants."

"Oh, yes, I've noticed as much. Say, would you be so kind as to inform me of something? What is your favorite animal?"

"Lions," she replied.

"They are one of the most vicious animals alive. Why such an animal?" Loki asked. "You really shouldn't judge on appearance."

"Well, it's a rather good thing I'm not judging on appearance," she softly said as she looked at him.

He was taken aback by such a response.