thirteen

Gretal was a sorceress who lived in the mountains. No one ever came near her hut because she was a foul woman. In reality, she was a simple woman who wanted only what was best for Asgard because it was her home. When she got a vision in her sleep of an evil life that was being created, she knew she had to act fast before it was born. She saw the evil in the thing that Gaea was taking care of.

She snuck into Gaea's cottage while she was asleep. She was holding a dagger in her frail hand and crept toward what she expected to be Gaea's bedroom. What she expected was the correct choice. Gaea was sleeping in her bed.

It was an awfully hot night. Her blankets were sprawled around, halfway on the floor. Gretal continued to creep toward Gaea. There was nothing or no one to get in her way. In no time, she stood by Gaea's side and did not hesitate. She stabbed Gaea's stomach in what she hoped would kill the thing inside her body.

Gaea's eyes shot open and she screamed loudly, looking down at her bloody stomach in horror. Her eyes flickered to Gretal's eyes and she screamed louder, rolling off the bed to the other side, falling off.

"What have you done?" Gaea sobbed.

"I've saved Asgard by purging," Gretal announced.

"Why are you doing this?"

Before Gretal could respond, she was knocked back. Loki bent down and wrapped an arm around Gaea's waist, lifting her into his arms. He opened a portal and fell through it, leaving an unconscious Gretal alone in Gaea's room.