Chapter Nine.

Original POV

The buzzing of my phone snaps me back into reality, slowly pulling away from Jacks lips. My heart speeds up as I look into his lustful eyes, biting the inside of my cheek nervously.

I pull my flashing phone out of my purse and look at the screen, my heart stopping. Shawn.

"You okay?" Jack asked in a concerned tone, making me look up at him. I began to panic for about the 5th time this night, sighing.

"I have to go, I'm sorry Jack. I really am. I just- I'll call you later." I stand on my tippy-toes and give him a soft kiss on the cheek, looking at the floor before dashing out of the bathroom.

I manage to run through the crowd of drunken teenagers and make it outside, answering the call on the last ring.

"Hello?" I try and ask as normal as possible.

"Hey Sky." He said casually, making my muscles relax. "What's up?"

Well, you're gonna kill me, but I'm at the jocks party and kissed about 3 guys tonight and almost had sex with the one you hate the most..? "Nothing much, what about you?"

"I really need to talk to you.. Are you busy?" He asked with a bit of hesitation. I let out a shaky breath, scared of what might happen next.

"Um, not really. What's up?" The line went silent for a bit, my heart racing at an unsteady pace as I await for his response.

"C-Can I come over? I feel like I can talk about it better face to face." I stop walking and slowly start to panic.

"Uh," I bite my lip and spot my car. "Sure! I'm just hanging out in my room right now anyways, so I don't see a problem." I silently pray that the crowd was far enough for him not to hear them, and that my voice didn't sound too mysterious as I lie.

"Awesome. Be there in about a half an hour." We say our goodbyes and I hang up quickly after, sighing. I unlock my car and get into the drivers seat, starting the engine.

I reach home with 10 minutes to spare, giving me time to take off evidence from the party. I check my phone for the time, it reading in bold white numbers '12:49 AM.'

I unlock the door and my key's clash with the kitchen table as I tip-toe down the hallway, stopping at my moms door. Silence. I raise my eyebrow and slowly open the door, her presence not in the room. She must still be at the bar.

I shrug and slip off my heels and carry them in my hands, running up the stairs. I open my bedroom door and throw them on the floor, rushing to my closet and undressing rather quickly.

I throw on a random crop top with a loose pair of sweatpants and dash into the bathroom, washing my face and getting all of the makeup off it.

I throw my hair up in a messy bun and turn off the restroom light, plopping in my bed. I sigh out in relief as I check the time, only a couple minutes after 1.

I lay my head back on my pillow and scroll through my twitter feed, until I hear a loud pound against my window.

I shot up in fear and jumped, my eyes darting to my window. I see Shawn and I let out a sigh of relief, shaking my head and laughing.

"There's a front door for a reason, ya know." I giggle as I slide open my window.

"Yeah, but what's the fun in that?" He smirked as he slowly climbed in my room.

"You've got a point there, Mendes. Scaring the shit out of me is so much fun." I say in sarcastic tone, making him laugh.

"Come sit." I smile as I pat the other side of my bed, sitting criss-cross on the edge.

"Ew, laying in the same bed as Skyler? Gross." He mocked in a girly tone, making me gasp playfully and nudge his shoulder.

We both laughed and he eventually sat down on the other side of my bed and I smiled. "So what's up?"

He licked his lips slowly and his eyes traveled to his hands, softly nibbling on his bottom lip as he sighed.

"Shawn.." I say in a soothing tone, making his eyes look up into mine. "What's wrong? I'm your best friend, you know you can tell me anything."

"Well, that's just it." He said shyly. I raise my eyebrow and begin to grow nervous. "What?"

"Sky, I-I've liked you since the moment we met that day in the hallway. Ever since then you are all that's been on my mind, and I'm so grateful to say that I have you as a friend. I know it's only been a couple weeks, but, I really want to be more then friends.." My breath gets caught in my throat, his eyes looking dead into mine.

"Will you go out with me?"