Chapter Five.

*Skyler's POV*

"Do you like this one or this one?" Mahogany asked with a smile, holding up two flower dresses.

"Defiantly that one!" I point to the one on her left side, which was a knee-length black dress with small daisies scattered across the fabric.

"Okay! Now, what do you have?" I show her two dresses; one short red one, and one black one that had cuts up the side.

"Ohhh!" She smiles, "I like the red one! It's simple but it's still sexy, ya know?" She laughed and I nodded giggling.

"I'm sure Shawn would love to see that on you." She smirked, but she caught her self. "Oh crap, sorry. Too soon?"

I shook my head, "It's okay.. I mean I like him, I really do. But Jack.. He's just- I dunno." I sigh and she gives me a comforting smile.

"I totally understand. I used to like someone in that group too, so your not alone." She whispered and I smiled, but was more shocked than relieved.

"Really?" She nodded.

"It was Taylor." She admitted. "I used to think he was the hottest guy in school. His eyes, his hair, his voice even, just everything about him was perfect- until.. I slept with him."

My eyes popped out of my head. "You what?!"

"I know, I know. He took my virginity. He was so nice and caring at the time. But after that night it just went downhill. We started dating, and then he found 'the group.' He was a complete asshole. Everything about him changed." You could tell she was starting to get emotional because her voice got quieter.

"I'm so sorry," She smiles and sighs. "It's okay. I'm actually glad it happened, because without him I would've never met Jacob. Before he was a jerk and everything, he was friends with Jacob and he's the one that introduced us. After that we became best friends, and once I found out that Taylor was cheating on me with three other girls- Jacob was there. And now.. We're here."

"Aww!" I couldn't help but gush, "That was such a sad story but such a cute ending!" We both giggled and continued to look through the racks of clothing.

"Enough about me, though. Now back to you! So, have you talked to Shawn recently after that little incident?"

"No.. He's been calling me non-stop and I've just been declining them." I say softly, frowning a bit.

"What? Why?" She asked me.

"I guess I.." I stop myself and sigh. Honestly- I don't even know how to finish off that sentence.

"He's probably worried about you.. He probably didn't mean to be such a jerk. He's never like that you know that." Her voice is soothing and she really does have a point.

"Why don't you give him a call hun." She nodded at my phone and I took in a deep breath, nodding.

I pull out my phone and dial his number, sitting down on the dressing room bench.

"Skyler." His voice was full of relief, a soft smile forming on my lips.

"Hi," I say softly.

"I am so, so sorry." He starts, a quiet sigh leaving my lips.

"It's okay.. I know you didn't mean it." I keep my voice soft and calming, playing with the bottom of my shorts.

"Thanks. I felt really bad after the guys talked to me, so I tried calling a billon times but all I got was voicemail.."

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that too. I guess I just really didn't want to start crying again." I softly giggle, sniffling.

"Aw," He says, making me smile, "I won't ever make you cry again, unless their happy tears. I promise." I could tell he was smiling, and I was too. I giggled as a response, him letting out a soft laugh too.

"So we cool?" He asked. "We're cool." I smiled.

"Yes! Finally I can breath again." He joked.

"You're such a dork, Mendes.." I smile and shake my head, "Well I'm out shopping with Mahogany so I'll text you later, okay?"

"Oh gosh not that The Fault in Our Stars crap." He laughed and I gasped playfully. "I will have you know that I LOVE that book, thank you very much."

He laughed even harder and I smiled. We both said bye and I hung up, letting out a happy sigh.

"Aww, you guys are so cute." Mahogany smiled as she walked up to me and I pushed her shoulder. "Hush up." I giggled shyly.

~.~.~.~

"This is so fattening, yet I love it." I laugh as I eat my pepperoni pizza. "Right?" Mahogany giggles, making me smile.

We quickly get done at the food court and search around for something to do next. I slip a piece of mint gum in my mouth and she gasps, almost making me choke.

"The arcade!" She said in 'awe' as she looked at the floors and floors above us, pointing at the dark room with neon lights.

"Yes! Let's go!" We run to the escalators and go to the third floor, running inside.

Mahogany insists on buying my game card since I bought lunch, so as she went to the counter I decided to look around.

There's tons of arcade games, some I'm familiar with, and some I've never even seen before. Excitement overfills me like a kid on Christmas morning, it is amazing in here.

I felt something hard hit my leg and I squeak in pain, dropping all of my bags.

"Shit, I'm so sorry." I quickly say it's fine and pick up the orange basketball, frowning as I see all of my new clothes spilled out on the floor. I sigh and turn around, my whole body freezing. Jack.