CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT: PREGNANCY HORMONES?

Dee's POV...

Its now been three days since Cara and her party had arrived and the akward dinner. Three excruciating days of an even more intense atmosphere in the house. Just as I had predicted, things haven't gotten better in terms of interactions between Cara and her party and the rest of the Rodriguez family. If anything, the wedding preparations seem to have made the whole situation even worse.
The next day after dinner, the wedding planner had flown in and the wedding preparations got underway. More of the guests had started arriving despite how short notice this whole thing was and I realized how big the Rodriguez community and their friends were which made me nervous but luck seemed to be on my side as everyone seemed to like me. In fact a few had joked around that I was an angel sent from above because they never thought Alex would settle down after his last marriage had ended badly. Not that we were settling down but they didn't need to know that piece of information.
Alex and his male cousins had been busy coming up with a back up plan just in case Stephen tried anything fishy once his marriage to Cara was finalized and I only got to see him later in the night when he came back to our room. I always waited up for him because it seems that I couldn't fall asleep without him by my side, something he had been teasing me about and of course I bluntly denied even though he could tell I was lying.

In fact I couldn't help but think that we had gotten closer these past few days. My attraction towards him seems to have intensified and I had caught myself more than once fantasizing about us fucking. Something I tried to tell myself was wrong because I believed he was only with me because I was carrying his children. But even that reason didn't deter my attraction towards him and I was starting to think that maybe its my pregnancy hormones affecting my brain.

Luckily for me, my best friends Hamida and Liz were flying in today so at least I would have people to keep my mind occupied. Not that the Rodriguez ladies weren't great company, don't get me wrong, they were amazing but their constant teasing was clouding my mind with fantasies that I shouldn't entertain. And plus I had missed my best friends to bits.

Stephen's friend, who I had come to know was called Marcus had cornered me twice since the last time we talked and every time I expected my warning bells to go on high alert but my gut seemed to trust him which was weird as he was on the enemy camp. The last time we talked he only wanted to take my number as he claimed it would make our interactions less suspicious plus our communication easier. The only reason I gave it to him*don't shake your head guys* was because he told me that indeed Stephen had something sinister planned and that even he didn't know what his plans were but that he would let me know once he confirmed what they were. I was reluctant to believe him on our second meeting and the only reason he gave me to trust him was that Stephen had in the past hurt his family and he befriended him only so he could exert his revenge, the whole keep your enemies closer saying. The wedding between Stephen and Cara just happened to come into the picture and although its not a part of his plan, he saw it fit to help us defeat  Stephen and in the process exert his revenge because he believed Alex had the capabilities to destroy Stephen completely. To him this situation was like killing two birds with one stone. When I asked why he would come to me and not go to Alex directly he said," Let's be realistic. Do you think Alex would even let me ten feet near him knowing am Stephen's suppposed best friend? Since you seem pretty neutral and are close to the Rodriguez, I figured I would include you into my plans. Whether you decide to tell Alex is up to you but I would advice against it until I have solid evidence of what he wants to execute." And against my better judgment, I took his word for it. Although am still keeping him at arms length. He's hoping that he can get something before the wedding as by then it will be too late.

Stephen hasn't cornered me again and I try to not be in the same room as him except when we are forced to with everyone else there.

Cara has made it clear she dislikes me, if by not including me into her bridal party or even involving me with the preparations are anything to go by. And she makes it her mission to send me an evil glare every time we are in the same room together, something Lessa and the other girls told me to ignore.
Miranda has tried to attack me verbally more than once and tried to embarrass me but I ignore her letting Alex, Lessa and the rest of the Rodriguez family apart from Cara put her in her place. Don't get me wrong, its not that I can't stand up for myself when she attacks me but I figured the smart thing would be to ignore her because her mission is to rile me up and I have too much going on that her jabs are irrelevant to me. Besides, I have the support of someone she wants the most so I have nothing to worry about.