Chapter Fourteen :Being Civil

I groaned and turned to the other side of my bed, still not having had enough sleep but the smell of freshly made vanilla pancakes and bacon kept invading my sense of smell and inevitably my whole body.
I sat up, my eyes still closed as I felt around my surrounding, trying to gage that am actually back into the real world and out of my amazing dream of me and Chris Hemsworth as Thor, flying away to Asgard, the magical land and having the time of my life.
I eventually opened my eyes, the bright sun burning my iris and I cursed out loud  squinting my eyes as I begged them to adjust to the real world.
I had a splitting headache, probably from all the drinking yesterday but thank God I was off for the day.
Speaking of yesterday, my mind started playing the events of the previous day and just as everything eventually came back to me, I heard the familiar voices talking downstairs.
I groaned out loud for the second time, cursing out loud as I rushed out of bed but as usual, my ever "graceful "ass ended up on the floor with a thud.
"Am okay."I shouted out loud before anyone could ask if I was fine because trust me, they heard my embarrassing fall.
I didn't care how I looked. I rushed down the steps as careful as I could because I was on a mission.  I just had to come to terms with the fact that...
"We figured you'd wake up around this time, especially after the amount of "juice "you had yesterday. "Said My ever sarcastic and loving best friend Elise, stopping me on my tracks.
My eyes widened as I took in the picture before me.
The kids were sitting on the stools, eating. Liz right next to Zack, but her back was the one facing me, and the most shocking of all, my boss. My fucking arrogant sexy ass boss, was in a black  tshirt and slacks from the previous night. But that wasn't what had me gasping like a fucking fish. Oh no!
Alexander Rodriguez was in an apron. He was actually in an apron and he was cooking! Am not pulling your leg here.
You probably wondering why am acting all shocked when its not a big deal in this century for a man to cook. Well, if what Edd and Val had told me was to go by, Alexander never ever stepped foot in the kitchen. In fact, according to Val, he couldn't even boil water for pasta.
But here he is, not burning down my kitchen and actually making something decent.
"Morning Dee.."He said turning to face me, a pan in his hand and a smirk on his face.
Again, I was left dumbstruck. I didn't even register that he had used my fucking nickname.
He was actually serious about being civil.
"I can call you Dee, right? "He asked again, placing the pan on the burner.
"I think you left her speechless daddy." Said Zoe with a naughty smirk snapping me out of my trance.
I didn't even know kids could smirk??!
"I think so too baby." He replied with an identical smirk
"Actually am wondering what y'all are doing here, apart from my two angels, here." I said as I moved to kiss Zoe and Zack each on the forehead before I dragged a stool and sat down.
The whole time, Liz was literally smirking at me as if she knew something I didn't.
"Hey everyone!" I greeted everyone, taking the plate that my boss just served for me.
It felt weird being served by him and if it wasn't for the embarrassing growl that came from my tummy, I'd have probably not taken it.
What made it even more awkward was the fact that he stood, watching me closely, waiting for me to have a taste.
It made me doubt if it was safe to eat it or if he had poisoned it.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I took my fork and stabbed the honey dripping pancake.
"Holy fudge cakes!" I moaned out loud, my eyes closing on their own as a burst of orgasmic flavors burst in my mouth.
To be honest, this had to be the best pizza I'd had in my life. And no am not just pulling your leg here.
Sorry siz😂.

"Dee said a bad word." Shouted Zoe smugly and I glared playfully at her.
"She always does. In fact, I always want to get her a swear jar to control her mouth, but I keep forgetting. Definitely putting it as a reminder.." Said Liz, busily typing away on her phone.
The nerve! Here I thought I had a loyal friend who'd back me up all the time. Some friend she fucking is.
"I definitely agree with you on that. In the short time I've known her, she barely finished a sentence without a curse word." Alex joined in and I turned my glare to him, this time it wasn't playful.
"First of all, Elise,"I began using her full name with a smirk because I know how much it would strike a nerve,
"Compared to you, am a saint. In fact, the swear jar would be filled by you. If you don't believe me, we could always take a vote.
As for you, Sir, you can't really blame me for cursing while in your presence." I replied.
"And how exactly am I to blame?" He asked with an innocent look on his face but just like his kids, his eyes twinkled naughtily, telling me he was merely teasing me.
"I'd tell you but I don't want to embarrass you in front of your kids." I replied smugly with pride for winning this battle round though I knew I was yet to win the war.
The whole time, Zoe and Zack watched our banter with amused looks on their faces. Zack was even smiling, revealing his cute dimples.
"I'd dare you to spill but I know you ain't a bluffer and I can't risk my reputation being ruined. You've done enough damage in my life already." He said turning around to face my kitchen sink.
"As much as you two are cute to watch, I sadly have to leave. Got shi... Shenanigans to do. And besides, I got what I came here for, thanks to the most handsome chef to ever cook for me."Said Liz standing up, winking at Alex who smirked back at her.
"Dee, a word? "She demanded, code for me to follow her to the door.