Chapter ten: Confrontation

Holy shit!  I was in trouble. In fact I think I should just ask him to give me ten minutes to call my loved ones one last time before he took my head.
I was literally picturing him as a male version of Sersie*am sorry if I got the spelling wrong* looking at me from his throne as he gave out my verdict...
In fact he was super pissed that I doubt he'd grant me one last wish before he took my wonderful life.
I started to wonder when my short twenty one years would start playing through my head like a video. Was it then or was it just after he cut my head off?  Did those things even exist?

"Are you deaf or something?" He asked me literally seething and that's when it hit me that he had been talking to me the whole time I had zoned out. I mentally face palmed for my stupidity.
"Way to dig yourself into more trouble Dee.. " I scolded myself internally.
"Am sorry sir. I didn't get what you just said. Could you kindly repeat it for me?" I asked grinning guiltily.
"Am not your fucking radio or lecturer to repeat myself. And this isn't a fucking lecture hall. "He pretty much shouted at me and I flinched back slightly, which he seemed to noticed and for a brief moment I saw his glare soften a bit before it went back to its original icy glare and I thought I had just hallucinated it, no way in hell could he ever be nice to me. He released a deep sigh before he spoke again,
"I said come to my office now." He said in a lower tone but his voice still sent chills down my spine. And it wasn't the good kind.
He turned around and before I could follow him, I braced myself mentally. Well here goes nothing.

***************************
Since he left me with such a huge distance between us, I was forced to use my memory from the tour I got the first day and his subtle scent that was a mixture of rain and woodsy mixed with the designer cologne that seemed to have been made specifically for him to wear,
p.s, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually made one for him cause he was one of the richest men alive,
To navigate through to the second floor which was his floor and banned to anyone else unless you had permission. Like even the kids weren't allowed to set foot there, which made me curious as to what was so important that he needed to ban a whole floor to himself. But I loved my life which was ironic cause I was about to loose it any minute now, and like all the horror movies I had watched, the black guy always dies, even though I found it racist I wasn't about to find out just how true those movies were. Plus I figured he was just a mean loner who just loved being alone and creepy.

The second floor was like an entirely different house all together. Unlike the warm cream walls painted on the first floor, this one was painted in grey, the doors which by my count were four were made of mahogany black wood and seemed huge and thick. The hall was deemly lit, like not in a creepy way but I still got chills running through my body just from being there. It seemed lifeless, like an inhabited house that had been that way for twenty years plus. And it seemed to have its own temperature which was cold despite the AC being on. Unlike the first floor which was full of the kids pictures and colorful paintings, this one was bare. It was like two people decorated this house. And if my gut was right, then the kids and val did the lower part of the house and left the upper level for ice cold Rodriguez.

Walking to the end of the hall where two doors faced each other, I got into the one that was slightly ajar, praying one last prayer to the virgin Mary, yes am Catholic, and walked in, taking slow steps which only seemed to irritate him even more as his jaw ticked making him even hotter. I shook my head as I wasn't supposed to think of him like that. I hated this man, even though at the moment my fear of him overruled my hatred a hundred times.
I closed the door behind me and just as I was about to walk further into the office, he spoke in a deep icy tone, "Lock the door."
I gulped, not liking where this was heading. It seemed that my first escape route was shut down.
My eyes looked around the office, looking for another escape route, a balcony or a window large enough to fit my large ass just in case things got out of hand. Yes I was contemplating jumping from the second floor which was insane but I'd escape with a few broken bones but with my life intact. That to me was better than nothing.