Chapter 10 - Masked

I pat myself off and smile at Kakashi.

"Either I'm getting stronger or you're getting slower Kakashi"

"You still lost though"

I give him a dirty glare breaking it soon after with a giggle. Naruto walks up to me and hits my back.

"Good job Sora. You're gonna kick butt in this war"

"We all will"

A messenger bird drops a piece of paper in my hands and I read it. Tsunades wants me to escort a wind ninja from the leaf back to his village. A quick and easy mission. 

"It looks like I have a mission for tomorrow"

They both read the paper and Naruto looks sad.

"Awe I want to come with"

"I'm sorry but she's only sending me"

We all head back to town. Me and Naruto separate at out doors. I take a shower and plop on my couch playing with my baby hairs and notice it's raining outside. I begin to hear and see the cracks of lighting and thunder outside of my window. I curl up into the couch and stare out of the window.

My mother would always tell me how the thunder was fallen ninjas finally a achieving victory. I look at the time.

7 on already. I get up and grab some rice balls and sink back into the couch. I watch as each raindrop slides it's way down my window. The rain has always been beautiful to me. I fall asleep on the couch listening to the drops hit the ground.

I wake up early and get dressed heading straight towards Tsunades office.

I open the door and see the man, greeting at him I wave and stand next to him.

"Koku this is Sora she is going to be the ninja protecting you"

She gives me a glare and I tense up. Wow I really gave to make it there alive. This must be a harder mission then I thought. I scratch my head and smile.

"We can get going now if you'd like"

He nods and I head out of the door behind him. When we left the village we both walked next to each other. He was a little taller than me (she's 5-3). He has green emerald eyes and brown scruffy hair. He seems about seventeen the same age as me. We walk through the night because I have very good. Koku doesn't seem very tired. Weird.

We walk in silence for a but until he breaks it.

"Sora you're very beautiful"

I stop and look at him.

"What did you say"

He rubs his neck.

"You're beautiful?"

"You're such a pervert"

I turn back around I keep walking until I notice something. I quickly step infront of Koku and use my katana to block the katanas from hitting him. One cuts me. I don't know who this is. I search around vigorously yet I see no one.

"Koku stabd behind me"

He runs behind me and I throw a circle of kunai around me and see movement in the tree. I throw a star at it and watch it hit them. They start running at me. I can't see who it is still, they're wearing a mask. I kick them but they only slide back a few feet. They are strong. I go to hit them with my Katana but they block me Everytime I try until I cut there arm. They jump back and I throw a fire ball at them but they dodge it. I use my last resort to get out of here as quick as possible. Where only a few hours away from the village. I use a smoke screen and grab Kokus wrist running towards the village. After about 10 minutes of running we're in the clear and start walking again. Koku is out of breath.

"Why didn't you kill them why did we run"

"I don't want to kill them"

"You're an Uchiha it's what you're made for you idiot I could have died. What good of a ninja are you"

"Better ninja than you if you have to be escorted"

I snap back. He gives me a dirty look instantly getting quiet. Koku is such an idiot. We reach the village and I walk him to the gate and he ignores me and continues to walk. What a jerk.

Next day

I reported the incident to Tsunade but she didn't seem to worried about it. Not anyone who would have a connection to me at least even though I am the only person they tried to attack. I brushed it off though and went to get Ramen. I walk into the tiny restaurant and see Naruto and sit next to him.

"Sora you're back how did the mission go"

"It went good. Someone in a mask attacked me though only problem I ran into"

"Wait only you"

I nod

"You don't think it could have been Sasuke do you"

"It would make sense seeing they seemed pretty matched with me but if it was then he grew weaker"

I get my bowl of ramen and begin eating.

"You know Naruto with all this ramen you eat you're gonna get fat"

He laughs

"Not with me training as much as I do I want"

I give him a glare.

"When do you train because I never see it"

He gets a defeated look and smiles. We both finish and stand up.

"Let me walk you home"

I hit him on the back of the head

"Dummy I live right next to you"

He rubs his head

"Oh yeah"

We start walking to our apartments sbf and when we reach my door I wave goodbye and jump on my room him looking shocked, he jumps up there with me.

"Wait what are you doing Sora"

"The sun's setting, I wanted to watch it"

We sit down next to each other and stare off into the distance.

"Sora I'm happy you're my friend"

"What do you mean"

I look at him confused. I honestly don't deserve friends.

"I mean I'm happy in friends you. You're a great person"

"I tried killing you"

"But you didn't"

He smiles and pats my back. Making me chuckle. I'm the one who should pay for my sins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next chapter will be when the Great War starts. Anyways how do you guys like the book so far? I'm really enjoying it lol.