Chapter 3 - The Ghost

I'm with Orochimaru eating. He tells me I have to train with Sasuke. It will help us both improve. I guess he needs it more than I do so I should expect to get hurt. He's an Uchiha and was told not to hold back on me. I understand that if he kills me. I'm to do nothing but let it happen. I wash my bowl and get dressed put of my pajamas to get ready to train. I sigh as I walk into the room to be greeted by his sour face. I nod at him and he charges at me. I see the anger in his eyes. I jump over him and and throws a kunai at me. I reflect it. I stand there looking at him. I throw a kunai and him and he jumps over it. I see him reading his kunai.

"Wind release: Shield"

His kunai fly back at him but not a single one hits him. I turn around and get slammed into a wall. He's quick. Quiet. I look up and he's pointing his kunai at me.

"I win"

I roll my eyes. I try to stand up by my head hurts to bad. So I lean my head back against the wall.

"You're weak"

Those words infuriate me. I stand up and hold a kunai against his throat.

"Call me anything but weak"

I begin to feel myself fall. Again. I hear the boys laughs.

"I win again Sora. Let's play again"

I'll always loose to everyone.

I wake up to Sasuke sitting next to me.

"That mark on your neck. It's the same as the one on my shoulder"

I keep quiet.

"You don't talk a lot"

"My mouth gets me in trouble"

"I'm not complaining"

I stand up and point my kunai at him.

"Again"

"You need to rest"

"I said again"

He chuckles and stands up. He runs behind me.

"I can't say no to a challenge"

I smile and we fight again. We go at it and rapid speed.

"You're still weak you're only gonna loose again"

I will not. I won't loose to him. I'm tired of loosing. As I get lost in thought I seem to go harder then before. Then with that blond kid. I begin to feel weak until I realize we had stopped. He was on the ground. Coughing in pain. I hit him with a kunai. I drop the one in my hand and run over to him.

"I'm sorry"

"It's training it's what happens"

I put his arm on my shoulder but he pulls away.

"I can walk"

He follows me to my room and I bandage him up. When I finish I tell him I'm done but he just sits there.

"So you really don't remember me Sora?"

"I have no clue"

"You don't remember anyone or anything?"

"Nope. As much as I want to I can't. I feel like Everytime I come close my marking starts to burn and I pass out"

He sighs.

"Everytime I pass out I hear a little boy. He's laughing or talking about how he won, how he wants to play again. Sometimes it's the sounds of raging fire but I can never remember"

He looks at me with a different look than his usual aggression. This time it's soft but worried.

"I'm sure you'll remember"

"Where did you learn that jutsu"

I look up at him in confusion.

"What jutsu"

"The wind manipulation"

"I don't know it kind of came to me at that moment. I didn't really realize what I did"

"It was um, cool"

I smile as he stands up. Leaving the room. Who is that boy.

The next day I wake up and go to the dojo. I see Sasuke sitting there holding two katana.

"This is for you. I wanted to take up learning how to use a blade and I felt like this would benefit you as well"

I nod and he hands me one with a red handle.

"The red suits you"

I ignore him and stare at the karana.

"Thank you but I don't want this right now"

"I understand"

Flashes of blood go through my head. I step back and grab my head.

"Are you okay"

"Yeah I'm fine let's go"

He charges at me and goes to swing but I dodge him.

"You're slow"

His words echo through my head.

"Your weak. You won't ever compare to a gifted child like him"

I turn around distracted by the voices. I get slammed into the wall. I stand up shaking. He really is strong. I charge at him but ever hit he dodges. Like always. He punches me in the stomach and I fall the ground.

"Take me to my room"

I feel like I can't move. Sasuke picks me up and brings me to my room. I feel something trickle down my face.

"You're bleeding"

"I'm fine leave"

I watch him walk out of the room and I sigh. I'm just gonna end up forgetting him anyway. That's all that's gonna happen. Why even bother with him.

I wake up the next morning and sit up slowly. I'm not training today. Instead I get dressed and walk outside with the sword. I find a giant rock and sit down on it. I stare you at the sky listening to the tiny water fall not to far. The birds chirping. The breeze dancing with the grass and leafs.

"Sora well always be friends right"

"Right"

A flash of kids laying in a friend of grass and a boy's smile. Tears rush to my eyes. I feel was with these flashbacks. Like I've lost something. I jump off of the rock and point my sword at the rock.

"Wind slash"

I watch the giant rock explode and begin to fall to the ground. I feel someone's arms wrap around me and see Sasuke. I push him away and look up.

"Stay away from me. Why do you think I didn't come to train with you today. You're so annoying Sasuke just leave me alone"

He looks at me and stands up. He's still for a few moments then walks away. The tears come back to my eyes and I freeze up. He is only gonna cause me to forget him again. I don't want to this time.