39. Oops, she did it again

'So we moved in officially.. The couch looks really good.... Oh and the California king bed is so comfy, you would've loved it! Alex has been really sweet. the crazy thing is, nothing feels weird, you know, I guess it shouldn't though,right? I mean, I've graduated... Ugh, hes just so wonderful!'

'I start uni soon.. Which is exciting.. This current job I've got it amazing. Oh, they offered me some night shifts if I cant make any days in case of my timetable! So that's pretty good... At least I'm getting experience in the field....'

'I wish you I could hug you one last time...' I placed the flowers in the vase next to the gravestone and wiped the tears off my cheeks. 'I love you, Mum. Ill see you soon'. 

I gave her a last look and headed back to the car - I try to come and see her at least twice a week. I couldn't last week though, with all this moving in business. I cant explain the hurt and hollow feeling inside. It seems as though every day gets harder. 

*RING RING* 

Private number... 'Hello... Jake?' I haven't heard from him in months! No one has, its almost as though he fell off the face of the earth. 'Wait.. I can barely hear you... Yeah okay, sure... Bye' 
Well that was a little weird. He needs to talk to me about something. I hope everything is okay.

____________________________________________________________

'That's weird.. Maybe he found out about you and Alex and ran away' Maddie laughed.

'That is not funny!' Okay, I had a giggle, but its not funny. No one knows about Alex and I... Well apart from Mum, rest in peace, Dad, barely and Maddie. It is still on a real down low. I feel as though Danny will find out soon as she drops the kids off. I'm bound to open the door one day - What an awkward time that will be. Alex and Danny has a bit of a kick off a couple weeks back... It wasn't too bad but Alex was devastated. I was a little devastated about the fact he was. Its like she keep wanting to hurt him, maybe not purposely. I mean, I don't hate her, at all. I couldn't imagine being with someone most of my life and then suddenly not. Actually... I know the feeling. 

2 MONTHS AGO

ALEX'S POV

Danny is not far. She is on her way, we are having dinner together for the first time in a long time. She says she needed to talk to me. She suggested a dinner, which is fine. She probably misses my cooking. She still doesn't know about Avery and I and I really don't think its a great time to say anything. I just see her accusing me of cheating and how she 'knew it' blah blah. I will have to tell her eventually. It wouldn't be fair for her not to know... However, it is my life and she chose to live hers with someone else, so I don't think I'm the bad guy here. 

*KNOCK KNOCK* 

'Hey' I said as I went to give her a hug.. She seemed repulsed. 

'Hi.. Uh, how are you' She asked as she walked in, holding her bag close to her chest. Okay, shes nervous about something. 

'I'm good, could be better,  you know, works been busy with all the exams and end of year parent teachers and all that jazz' She nodded 'How are you?' I watched her sit at the table. 

'Yeah.. I've been better, work, same as you' She smiled slightly. I grabbed a bottle of her favourite red wine. 

'Only the best' I popped it open 'Woohoo' I went to pour it.

'Oh no! Thanks... Just water is fine' She stopped me. 

'Its your favourite.. You've never said no to wine before' I laughed