19. Hurt is Pain

Danny spent the night at home. Where she belongs. Last night was amazing. Everything was going great and then i had to ask why she was unhappy. Why did I ruin such a great night? She had everything i loved, for god sakes. For the first time in months, I was genuinely happy. I can't stop thinking about what she said. She loves me. She wants to work it out. I can't go back. I just can't. Imagine that. She cheated on me, she was unhappy for a long time, i can't go back to that. What if she cheats again? But, if we do finalise this divorce... Will she stay with Dylan? Wow... Imagine, he raises my kids? My kids... He... The man, my wife cheated on me with, raising my kids... with her. Oh i think I'm going to be sick. That hurts to think about.

I began getting ready to go see the kids. I miss them like crazy and I'm pretty sure they'd want to see their dad for the first time in days. Actually, I'm pretty sure its been a week now. Im losing track of time. I don't even know what the date is. Ive been so distracted lately.

-----------------------------------------

'Dad!' 'Daddy' My kids ran to me as i walked into the house.

'Hey kids. Oh god I missed you' I said as i got down on my knees for hugs. I picked Ava up, into my arms.

'Look Daddy... This is for you' She showed me a bracelet she made. How gorgeous.

'Oh whoa... Thats absolutely beautiful, thanks sweetheart' I gave her a kiss on the head.

'Oh Alex... She has been so excited to give you that present' Louise came to the door, smiling.

'Louise' I smiled and gave her a tight hug 'Well, i love it' I said as i glanced at Ava. Which was admiring how the bracelet looked on my wrist. It suits me, i reckon. 'Jack... Take Ava to her playroom for a minute. I need to talk to grandma' He obeyed.

'Alex' I watched her, waiting for her to continue. 'How are you?' I saw sorrow in her eyes.

'Not gonna lie, Ma... Its tough'

'I met Dylan' My eyes widened in confusion 'He was with her when she came to drop off a few things for the kids... Lovely fellow'

'Lovely until you find out he's sleeping with the one you love' She looked at me, the corner of her mouth was slightly lifted, she placed her palm on my cheek. 'Oh Alex. I know you love her... But its time to let her go' What does she mean by that?

'I... I dont understand' She pulled me by the arm into the living room.

'Come dear' We sat on the couch. 'A few months before I warned you about her being unfaithful... She came to me in despair. Telling me, how unhappy she was, but, she wasn't angry with you, per say' She grabbed hold of my hands 'She said... The marriage wasn't a marriage anymore. No passion, connection, love. That you were always working and always busy'

'Wow...' I began thinking... This was all my fault. She felt neglected. 'For how long? How long has she felt like this?' I asked her.