29. Moving too fast

WRITERS NOTE:

Hey readers!

I am so sorry I haven't been writing as much as id like to! Ive been extremely busy with Uni and assignments! Hope you enjoy these new chapters. Ill try post as much as I can x

P.S: Sorry about all the mistakes. I don't actually proof read my work, even though i should! I wish i had the time to write up and proof read it. But i really don't! Sorry guys xx

Lots of love xx

---------------------------------------------------------------------

'Next week?' I couldn't believe my ears. Is he crazy?

'Yeah. How perfect would it be... With all the sales coming in. We wouldn't need to be apart' Dylan said with excitement. 

'It isn't too fast? I mean, we only decided it 2 weeks ago' I don't think this is such a good idea. He is seriously thinking way too fast in the future. The divorce isn't even final yet. 

'Yeah I know right. 2 weeks too long!' 

'Dylan... Don't you think we should wait until the divorce is final and see whats happening with the custody?' 

'No Danny, listen to me. It'll be l-'

'Dylan! Please, just slow down. I need to think about the kids'

'He will probably get most of the custody anyway, hear me out!' He yelled. My heart sunk into my stomach. His face dropped after he realised what he said. 

'Thank you, Dylan' 

'Danny, I didn't mean it li-' 

'Yes you did.. And thats okay... Im gonna go' I began walking out of the office. 

'Danny! Im sorry... Danny!' I didn't turn. He can yell all he wants. I need a holiday. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

*BEEP BEEP* 

'Hello' I answered 

'Uh, ahem, hi..' 

'Avery? Whats up' I could hear the stupid excitement in my tone. This is the first time she has called. Actually, its the first time we have spoken since our 'date' or 'talk' 2 nights ago. 

'Do you think we could talk? Umm.. I don't really have anyone else to talk to about it... Maddie is away and...' I heard her sniffle.

'Avery? Are you crying? Do you want to come over? I can make my famous hot chocolate and we can talk?' 

'Thanks' He sniffled again.

'Ill see you soon' I hung up in worry. I wonder whats going on. 

1 Hour Later

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

'Hi' She said quietly. Her eyes are red and watery. This is something serious. 

'Come in... Have a seat' I walked into the kitchen and poured the hot milk in the mug with the chocolate mix. 'Here'

'Thank you'

'Whats wrong? You look like you've been crying a lot...' She looked up at me 'Oh no... Is it your mum' She nodded softly and began to cry again. I sat over next to her and comforted her as she spoke.

---------------------------------------------------------

'And now she's back in hospital... And its not looking good' 

'And your dad?' 

'I don't know! He is being so.. Stupid! He is making me so mad. He said he would come down and stay for however long he needs to. Then his 'wife' called 3 weeks ago and he went back... For reasons unknown' 

'Does he know about this?'

'I called him last night when the ambulance came. I was so scared, Alex, I didn't know what to do!' She cried. 

'Sh sh sh. Its okay. Why didn't you call me last night? I would've came straight away'

'I didn't know whether I should've' 

'You always should' She looked confused. She watched me. 'What?' I asked in a sweet tone. 

'What do you mean?' I was confused as to what she was asking. I shook my head slightly so she can be more clear. 'What are we doing?' She said quietly. 

Averys POV:

He sighed in response. I don't even know what i meant by what i said. So i just blurted the next thing that came to mind... What are we doing? I'm always so confused. Its not like anything can happen and we know it... Yet we still see each other and act this way. Its so irritating. 

'Umm... I don't know how to answer that Avery, I'm sorry' 

'I know. I... Its just...' I am speechless. Nothing will come out. 

'Avery. I want something to happen between us... But its so complicated, you know' Did he just say what I think he said? That is the first time he has ever said something like that! My heart is pounding out of my chest. My hands started shaking and I feel like I'm in space. He wants something between us? I couldn't even believe he just said that. He actually wants something between us. I know that there was a lot of things were betwixt, but I didn't know he actually wanted to be with me! Oh my god. I should probably say something, instead of just sitting here like an idiot. He probably thinks I've lost my mind. Oh my god, his gorgeous eyes staring into mine... I can tell he is waiting for a response. But nothing is coming out! 

'Look, I know thats probably not what you wanted to hear, but... I had to say it' I am speechless, literally. I need to show him a way I get what he is saying and I so totally agree. But how when my mouth won't move!! Just as he stared into my frantically panicked eyes, he kisses me. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

'You two are like... A movie' Maddie laughs

'Yeah... An extremely dramatic one. I feel like this is a worst love story than 'The Hottie and the Nottie'

'Oh dont! That movie is hilarious!' 

'You're kidding right? It is probably one of the worst films I've ev-'

'Okay we aren't debating about films! Think about this situation like... The Titanic. A forbidden love but nothing will stand in the way'

'Well... Death stood in the way of their love'

'Wow Avery. Really?'

'Im sorry. I just... Im so scared and confused and worried and...'

'Avery. You two are seriously so obsessed with each other, it hurts!'

'I just feel like all this has gone WAY too fast. Not to mention its been completely wrong'

'Let me ask you this. Really think about the question before you answer... Answer with the heart... Do you FEEL like its wrong when you're with him?'

There was a minutes pause. I was really thinking about it. Bloody hell Maddie. She knows her stuff.

'Honestly... I forget about all the troubles in the world when I'm with him. It... It feels... Right' 

'AAAHHH' She squealed. 

'Maddie!'

'YOURE IN LOVE!' She interrupted. I laughed. 'My best friend is in love for the first time in her life!' I couldn't stop the laughter. The nervous laughter coming out of my mouth. I am crazy about him. And i think this is the first time I'm actually admitting it.