chapter 8

Hiccups pov

We landed on berk to see fishlegs running towards us with a piece of paper in his hand. He stopped in front of us panting, a look of panic on his face.

“Fishlegs what’s wrong?” Astrid asked.

“Letter… Berk… attacked… Beserkers!” he said in between breaths.

“WHAT!” I said grabbing the piece of paper he held up to me.

‘Dear Berk,

                   I would love to inform you that we are coming for hiccup. He will come with us to our island to teach us how to speak to dragons. If he refuses, we will attack Berk and make sure we leave nothing but ashes. We will be there by sundown. Choose wisely…

From your dear friend

Dagur’

“I’ve got to go with them!” I said after reading the letter out loud.

“WHAT? No you are not!” Astrid shouted at me.

“What am I supposed to do then? Let berk get attacked?”

“No, but im not letting you leave me!”

“And if you leave, Berk will be left without a chief.” Fishlegs added.

“Get the gang to meet in the academy.” I said and walked towards our meeting place, toothless close behind.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

Hiccup’s pov

“How do you think Dagur knows I can speak dragonease?” I asked toothless.

“I don’t know.” His eyes widened. “Maybe he was the one on that island this morning?”

“He probably was!” I said.

“You know the gang’s behind you right?”

“Yup, I’ve got to explain the plan to them. I don’t think they’re going to like it though.”

Astrids pov

We had all met at the academy and were waiting for hiccup to finish his conversation with toothless so that he could explain the plan. He turned around and started to explain.

“I’m sure you all know Dagur wants me and if I don’t go he’ll attack Berk” we all nodded. “Well, the plan is that I will fly over his boat, a few miles before they reach Berk, and pretend to give myself up. I will wait until dagur and his army have lowered their guard and give you the signal to attack, I will then escape on toothless and we will all make sure there is not much left of their boats to attack berk. Any questions?”

“How are you supposed to escap?” Eret asked.

“Well when I ‘give myself up, I’ll use my gliding suit to get to their boats so that toothless will still be in the air. Whe you attack, toothless will swoop down, ill jump on him and join you guys and help destroy the ships.” Hiccup explained. I can’t believe he’d actually put himself through that for his village.

“Wait, what happens after you fly over them?” tuff asked.

“Just copy everyone but me ok?” hiccup said. What if he gets hurt? What if he doesn’t give the signal? What if dagur only wanted to kill hiccup?

“Hiccup it’s too dangerous, what if toothless doesn’t get to you?” I asked.

“Then I know you’ll have my back. Trust me, this will work” He said with confidence. “It has to” he said, slightly quieter this time.

<><><><><><><><><><><> 

Hey guys! Im really sorry for not updating yesterday! I should be updating again tonight to make up for it though. Hope you’re enjoying it so far, thanks for reading!