chapter 3

Hiccups pov

I opened my eyes slowly and saw astrid and valka.

"What happened?" I asked confused as to how I got home.

"You fainted and we had to get toothless to carry you back because your skin was to hot to touch" astrid answered

"Oh, well I feel ok now"

"Um do you know what this is?" Valka asked. She pointed at my fire worm bite that had changed in a way.

"Yeah. I um got bit by a fire worm."

"What?!" Astrid asked. "Why didn't you tell me that in the first place? I could've helped!"

"It was different this morning, there was no patterns and it was a lot smaller"

"We need to get you to gothi" astrid jumped up and tried to grab my hand to help me but pulled her hand away when our skin made contact.

"What?" I asked. "What is it?"

"Your skins still to hot to touch!"

"Let's just go to gothi and find out if there's something we can do"I said. When I got up I felt dizzy but managed to stay on my feet at least. We started walking to gothi's and I had to hold on to toothless for support. As soon as we got there astrid explained everything and she went to look through some of her books.

"Is it just me or is it really hot in here?" I asked astrid.

"Hiccup it's freezing up here!" She answered. I nodded, it's probably the bite. Then my wrist started to hurt, I tried to hide it but astrid somehow noticed.

"What's the matter" she asked whith a concerned look on her face.

"The bite, it's hurting" I answered. I took my top armour and shirt off to reveal that the bite had almost doubled in size and is now half way up my arm.

"Oh my gods!" Astrid said looking at my arm. Gothi walked in and looked at the bite. She shook her head and started drawing in the dirt, toothless would've copied but I think he noticed now wasn't the right time. Astrid walked over and stated reading.

"She says that to treat your bite we need to make a medicine and soak it in it.” Gothi handed her a list. “fire water?"

"It's water from inside a cave on healers island that gets hit by the sun every morning and it illuminates the entire cave!" I answered.

"Ok so all of these are from healers island. Me and fishlegs will go and find them whilst you stay at home and rest"

"No! I'm coming with you"

"Your ill you need to stay at home!" The gothi started righting somthing. Astrid looked annoyed

"She says it would be easier if you came because, then you can be treated as soon as possible and you can help us look for the ingredients"

"Great! I'll go get ready!" 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Astrid and I were about to go when the gang ran up to me and stated asking questions.               “whoa guys, slow down.” I said.

“Why did you faint?” Ruffnut asked.

“because of this” I said showing them my wrist. Tuffnut reached out to touch it. “I wouldn’t do that if I was you” I warned him. He pulled his hand away.