Chapter 1

Hiccups pov

"Hey!!" I shouted to astrid, she'd just flown up and joined me on my morning fight.

"Hi" she replied " uh, could you help me find something?" She asked. She looked so pretty with the wind in her hair...

"Sure what is it?" i said, snapping out of my trance.

"Do you know that bracelet I have with a charm of my family crest on it?"

"Yeah"

"Well I was training with stormfly and when I dodged a spine shot it kinda flew off into a bush and now I can't find it"

"Um okay where we're you?" She gestured me to follow her and we flew down into a small clearing in the forest.

"It's around here somewhere" she said and we started looking through bushes and in patches of long grass. After about 20 minutes I spotted it and reached out to grab it. When I got a hold of it a fireworm suddenly jumped out and bit my wrist.

"OW!" I shouted and it ran away.

"You ok? What happened!" Astrid asked

"Yeah, I just um got caught on a thorn, I found your bracelet" I put it on her and to say thanks she kissed me. "we should probably head back to Berk" she nodded and we that we both flew off. I looked at my wrist to see a small bite mark that was kinda red.

 <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Hey gobber! Need any help with anything?" I asked walking into the forge.

"Nah, I'm good thank ye hiccup" Gobber replied, concentrating on the dagger he was making.

"Ok. Um... Do you know anything about fireworm bites?"

"Only that they don't usually bite, they warn off their enemies with their red hot skin!"

"Oh.. Ok"

"Could ye pass me that hammer?" I reached over and grabbed the hammer he was pointing to then handed it to him. As I did so he grabbed me arm and inspected it.

"What's this?" He asked, pointing at my bite.

"Oh um just a scratch I got looking for astrids bracelet" I notice it had gotten redder and the holes where it had pierced my skin had gotten bigger and had scar like lines around the edges.

"It don't look like that to me"

"It could just be infected, I'll go put some herbs on it" I left the forge and went home to put bandages on. I cant let anyone know about the bite, otherwise they'll all start worrying about me!

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey guys! so, how'd you like the  first chapter? Im not a very good writer so if you could comment with suggestions it would help alot! And also i know this chapters quite short so ill try and make it longer nest time (wich should be soon)! Thanks, see you later (well maybe not see you...).