chapter 6

Hiccup pov

It had been a week since the scauldren incident and now we had more fish than we could eat! I told the gang to meet at the academy if they wanted to learn dragonease. They had all agreed and were here now. Except snotlout who was late as usual. We were in the academy waiting for him to show up when he flew in on hookfang looking proud of himself.

“Hiccup!” he said running over to me.

“What now snotlout?” I asked.

“I learnt a phrase in dragonease!” this should be good. He said the phrase he was so proud of and I burst out laughing, along with all the other dragons. “What?! What’s so funny?” he asked, a confused look on his face. I just ignored him and walked over to hookfang, trying to control my laughter.

“Did you teach him that?” I asked in dragonease.

“Yeah, he wanted to try and impress tuffnut!” Hookfang said, still laughing slightly.

“Why is that so funny?” Snotlout asked.

“Do you know what you just said?” I asked, switching back to Norse.

“Not really.”

“What did he say?” Astrid asked.

“ he said he’s a lazy oaf that likes to eat dragon poo!” I said and everyone started laughing except for snotlout who had gone bright red.

“Don’t laugh! It’s not my fault!”

“Okay, okay, let’s start the lesson.” I said and everyone went and sat at their tables.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

After an hour if trying to teach the gang a few simple sentences I think they got it, so I told them to go off and try to introduce themselves to a dragon. When they had all left my mum flew into the academy on cloudjumper. She had been away for the past week and a half making sure everything was ok at her dragon sanctuary, therefore she doesn’t know I can speak dragonease.

“Hiccup!” she said running up to me and giving me a hug.

“Hey mum, how was the sanctuary?” I asked speaking dragonease. She gave me a confused look, as did cloudjumper.

“Hiccup, what are ye doing?” she asked.

“Asking you haw the sanctuary was” I said, still speaking dragonease. She just stared at me like I was going crazy.

“Why can I understand you?” cloudjumper asked.

“I’m speaking dragonease.”

“Does she know that?” he said, nodding towards valka who was looking back and forth between me and Cloudjumper.

“No, I should probably tell her.”

“Hiccup, are ye talking to cloudjumper?” she asked.

“Yeah” I said switching back to Norse.

“How?”

“Toothless taught me when I was around 18”

“Prove it.” She said.

“Cloudjumper, would you care to explain what you have been doing for the past week and a half so that valka will believe me?” I asked in dragonease. Cloudjumper explained it all and I repeated it back to my mum in Norse.

“Oh my gods! That’s amazing! Could ye teach me?”

“Yeah, I’m teaching the gang so you can come to the lessons if you want.”

<><><><><><><><><>><><><><><><><>

Hey this was sort of just a little extra chapter so sorry that its short! Hope you liked it though :P