Crescent 21: Nine Flowers Heaven(3)

Everyone had left the masjid after the Isha Salah, with the exception of Arkaan. He had decided to stay back, and told Ukashah he'd just be behind them.

He stood at the topmost minaret window, and watched as Zak carried Abdullah on his back as they made their way downhill. It really looked cute.

He wondered what it'd be like to have younger siblings like Zak had. At the time Zak had made to carry the little Abdullah, he had asked,"Abdullah, what happened to your hair?

Does Ammi and Abii know about it?"
Only to receive the snoring sounds of the boy at his back. As to whether he was fake sleeping or not, no one would know.

Zak just shook his head with amusement at his kid brother's antics, and didn't speak on the subject again.

Ukashah had Arkaan's very own bag of honey jars as he accompanied the two, walking down the mountain path.

Luckily for him, the pokerfaced boy had already deposited his harvest at home. If not, no matter how much he were to beg, Ukashah would definitely not have taken the extra 'load'. He had explicitly told him that.

As their shadows receded, Arkaan slowly descended to the main prayer hall again. The whole place was cast in a darkness with only the moon light sifting through the tinted windows in a ghostly fashion. Even Arkaan's footsteps as he got down were kinda eerie.

He stopped in front of the minbar, where the canvas was folded up once again.

He unfurled it.

The white cloth fell down in a sleek cascade.

Arkaan:"..."

He stood, silently watching it. After a long while looking at it, he breathed,

"Ar-Rahmân(The Benevolent God).."

For a moment, he stood there, just watching the cursive writing, lost in thought.

He didn't know when tears started to fall from his eyes..

"He taught the Qur'an..."

...

Arkaan walked out of the masjid, closing the large exquisite doors of the main prayer hall.

Even as he turned to walk down the mountain path, he noticed a figure at the very bottom of the naturally carved mountain stairs.

The lithe figure also noticed him.

For a moment, a pair of emerald green eyes gazed into another pair, one of doeful green, soft.

It seemed neither wished to break off. For in that single glance, a hundred words were left unsaid, and yet a thousand emotions transmitted, whilst the hearts of the possessors were left in chaotic feelings.

In one heart was a grievance, and in the other - heartwrenching regret, one that all the seas in the world might never be able to quench...

•••

In a dark alleyway, under the yellow waning moon, a young Asian boy slightly about thirteen years walked down the path in a leisurely manner.