Chapter 59

Ilana was glad that the League and the Team were going to help her find Ian, though she did feel guilty that it was under death threat. She hated that she had to tell her friends about their unknowing conquest across the galaxy, but she thought it was necessary that they know what would be at stake if they couldn't find her brother.
With Ian missing, Ilana feels empty and hollow. Ian had been her only support during her time as Queen, never leaving her side and even shouldering some of the responsibilities. She had practically fallen apart at the seams at the death of their little brother, but Ian had stayed strong for her and her people. If Ian were gone too...
She couldn't even finish the thought. Shaking herself out of her self pity and misery, she turned her full attention to locating her brother. Dr Fate had tried a locator spell, but her brother's affinity for magic also made him immune to it. So no luck there. She requested that Batman let her into the depths of the Batcave, the part still untouched by his technology. Accompanied by Superboy and Robin (who was still reeling from discovering her identity) they made their way to the heart of the cave. There she found the centre of the giant cavern where she sat, and put her palms against the floor. She fed magic into the earth, letting it bleed out from her and spread like wildfire across Gotham. Her magic was attuned to her brother's, and like a homing beacon she could lock onto his location if he was in contact with the ground. Problem was that he wasn't. She fed her spell more magic, stretching past Gotham as wide as she could go. Still she could not find him. She broke her connection and turned to the boys who were watching her silently. 
"So problem is that I can't find my brother because he's either not anywhere near Gotham or his not in contact with the ground. Does Joker have any places where he could stay in the air like an airship or where he could suspend Ian?" she asked Robin.
"Joker has a lot of places we don't know about but Watch Tower is monitoring air traffic and none of the planes or helicopters are unidentified. Also, the time it took us to have our meeting wouldn't give Joker enough time to get out of Gotham, at the very least not very far out. We have to assume he's still somewhere in Gotham and your brother is being held in or on something you can't detect," he replied.
"Great, so back to square one," Superboy growled.
"Not necessarily. We can cross-check all the places that contain special alloys not comprised of earth elements with all the places where it could be possible to suspend someone. Most likely a place with two or more stories and the building is made of something special," Robin said as he walked to the computer to start the search.
While he did that, Ilana fed her magic into the earth, the air, everything that could be touched in search of her brother. There was no way she would let anything happen to him.