Chapter 10

Robin didn't understand why Ilana had run off like that. He couldn't understand it. Hows a blind girl to get around a school? according to Megan she did pretty well on her own. He wish he could have helped her, but visiting her had gotten him late for class. Not that he got into much trouble. He was practically a super genius there. Not to toot his own horn though. Its just a fact. With Bruce Wayne as his mentor, how could he not be. He have been with him since he was nine. Ever since his family was killed. He was a member of a circus troupe called The Flying Graysons. And then his family was killed, Batman took him in and my whole life was turned upside down. He learnt how to fight and use tech to hack into almost any computer in the world. Not that it was hard. Some firewalls were childs play. It was almost getting too easy. There were almost no missions left to go on, and nothing for him to hack. They had defeated the Injustice League as well as foiled Vandal Savage's plot to take over the minds of all the Justice LEague members. He didn't know what to do. The only things that made my life interesting these days were the mystery of Elementa and the new niece Ilana of Bruce. They were the only two people that was making the new era of peace less boring. Is it bad to want to wish for some chaos. It's not like he had anything else to do. All he knows is how to fight crime. That and how to use a trapeze. He was an orphan, and then along came Bruce Wayne. He turned poor 9 year old orphan Dick Grayson into the crime fighting sensation Robin. It was all he could ever have wanted. He had a family with Bruce and Alfred and friends with the team. He had nothing to do now. He decided to head for the cave and see what the rest of the team was doing. He really hoped that Elementa would not be there as he did not feel like being in a bad mood. well, more of a bad mood. Heading to the zetatube stationed in Gotham he began to feel even more depressed. What if she is there? What if Batman still doesnt have a mission for us? Dragging his feet Robin made his way to the zetatube. When he arrived in the cave he saw that there were two people training. With dismay he saw it was Black Canary facing off against the hated new teammate Elementa. Canary charged and Elementa sidestepped her and hit her on the back. As Canary fell she quickly caught herself and turned her fall into an attack, sweeping the floor at Elementa's feet. Elementa jumped up and backflipped back, her cloak flying about her, her hood staying on at all times. The two fighters circled eachother, neither one moving to strike. Then Elementa leaped forward and rolled onto her hands, jumping up to kick Canary in the chest. Canary fell back, distracted for a fraction by Elementa's billowing cloak, not knowing where her body was as the cloak concealed her so well. He saw that the cloak fell behind her like a cape, and was sleeveless with a hood. It came over her shoulders and under her arms to join at a circular pendant on her chest. The clothes under the cloak was a plain sleeveless tank top and jeans. On her arms she wore long fingerless gloves and her face remained forever covered with her mask. This was the first time Robin had bothered to take a good look at her, and was strangely impressed. Canary got up from where she had fallen and walked over to Elementa. "nice one" Canary announced, "that cloak is an advantage, but can also get in your way." Elementa answered, "This cloak is specially designed for me. It will not get in my way. The worst that could happen is the enemy to grab my cloak, but that already happens so often with other heroes it wouldn't be that bad." Robin looks at her. She has a point, he thinks. He looks back at his own cape, wondering what it would be like to not have a cape on. To simply have a fitted suit with a utility-belt. Black of course. He liked the idea. No cape would make for more movement. He liked the idea. Maybe one day, he thought. Maybe one day he would take up a new cowl separate from Batman with his own villains and his own city to protect. One day.