Chapter 27

Dick was listening at the door and resisted giving a loud whoop of excitement when he heard thet Ilana was going to be staying and that he might have to escort her to Metropolis. He had left Jimmy in the game room and had come to find Ilana. He walked away after he heard Bruce's 'no more discussion' voice and went to join Jimmy. The red haired boy wasnt that bad. It was just that they both fancied Ilana, and Dick didn't like that. Jimmy was flipping through the channels and Dick jumped over the back of the couch to join him. They didnt speak as they waited for Ilana to join them. Jimmy lingered for a moment on the Gotham news Broadcast as they watched the Joker being taken into Arkham Asylum.

"Must be scary living here with creeps like The Joker and Batman," Jimmy said.

Dick's anger flared, "Like Metropolis is so safe? And Batman isnt a creep, he's a hero. Just like Superman."

"No he isnt. Superman can fly and he's strong and he helps the innocent, not scares them like the Batman."

"Batman is respected by many people including the police. He is a hero. Maybe your just too much of a Superman fanboy to listen to any other opinion,"Dick said angrily. 

The boys faced each other, fists clenched as they stood up from the couch.

"What you gonna do? Punch me? Little rich kid that's probably never worked a day in his life. You're just a spoilt punk. Ive helped Superman sometimes you know. And what have you done? Slicked your hair up to look pretty for all those high society girls. That's not Ilana. You dont deserve her," Jimmy sneered.

"How dare you!" Dick yelled, "I have had to work hard to get where I am today. I dont care about high society. I help the poor and innocent all the time. You're probably unconscious most of the time when you busy 'helping' Superman! You dont deserve Ilana either! You're just a punk with a camera and no mind of his own!"

The boys sprang at each other. Dick's fist connecting squarely with Jimmy's jaw and Jimmy landed a good punch to Dick's gut. They were taking another swing when they were roughly pulled apart.

"Enough!" Bruce boomed.

Clark was holding back Jimmy, "This isnt like you son."

Bruce was glaring daggers at Dick as he saw Jimmy's purpling jaw. How could he have been so stupid? He might as well have shown Jimmy his cape and cowl with a big neon sign pointing towards him saying "I'm Robin the Boy Wonder".

"Whats going on here?" Ilana asked as she walked into the room. Now Dick really felt ashamed. She walked over to Jimmy and felt his bruising jaw and then over to Dick and felt his heaving chest.

"Why would you two have been fighting?" she asked.

Dick and Jimmy both hung their heads in shame, They had become victims to their own emotions and now they were paying the price. 

"They had a big disagreement is all Ilana. Go wait outside. I'll take us back to Metropolis to get your things, "Clark said. 

Ilana nodded and began to leave, but hesitated before leaving, "I really hope it wasnt over where I am staying," and then she left. Bruce and Clark shoved the boys back onto the couch and glared at them.

"I think its time we go over some rules concerning Ilana," Clark said, arms folded.

"Rule number one: No dating her,"Bruce growled.