Young Justice-The New Teammate

Chapter 1

He walked down the hallway to the sitting room. Alfred Pennyworth, the butler had formally announced a guest. He stopped in front of a mirror to check his appearance, guessing that anyone who had been so formally announced would be important, considering who his mentor was. The one and only legendary Batman. Known to most of the world as Bruce Wayne. Very few knew that the billionaire philanthropist was the Dark Knight of Gotham City. But of course the 16 year old Richard 'Dick' Grayson knew who he really was. After all, he was The Boy Wonder, Robin. He took a sharp left at the big pot plant and was surprised to see a girl, about his age, with short brown hair and dull green eyes standing in the middle of the vast room. She held a stick in her hand and was waiting patiently. He walked up to her, put a hand on her shoulder to greet when she suddenly flung him onto the floor, breaking a coffee table and spilling water from a vase. He stared up into her green eyes that for some reason seemed dry and dead. She breathed in sharply.

"I am so sorry," she gasped, "I didn't think. It was a reflex."

She put a hand out to help him and she helped him to his feet.

"No problem," he said, hoping she couldn't see him blushing.

They came face to face when they heard a cough at the door.

"Bruce!" squealed the girl and rushed to him to give him a hug. Dick was taken aback. Never had he seen Batman being so affectionate to anyone before.

"Ilana. I'm so glad you came to see me before you move in with your uncle in Metropolis," Bruce said.

Ilana beamed, "I could never forget you Uncle Bruce."

Uncle was all Dick could think, since when did Batman have a niece.

"Hey, don't call me Uncle. It makes me feel old," Bruce countered.

Bruce turned to Dick, "Ilana, this is my apprentice. Dick, meet Ilana, Ilana, this is Dick. But I see you two have already met."

Ilana blushed, "I accidently flipped him onto the table. Guess now he knows now not to sneak up on the blind."

Dick was dumbfounded. Did I just get my butt kicked by a blind chick he thought?

"Dick, don't you have errands to run?" Bruce said pointedly.

Taking the hint Dick began to back out of the room.

"It was nice meeting you. You should come and visit me in Metropolis," Ilana said.

"I don't even know your last name," He said turning to face her, not that it mattered.

"Kent. My name is Ilana Rachel Kent."

Dick smiled as he walked out of the room, realising he would have to visit Metropolis, the home of Superman.