Chapter 56

All the heroes present watched on as Ilana's human shell fell away, replaced by something ethereal and powerful. They were stupefied and stared on as she fell to her knees. Only when she screamed were they snapped out of their shock, because her scream literally shook Gotham.  The heroes steadied themselves. Another scream sent out another shockwave. Dick looked on, his mind finally fitting together the puzzle pieces that he had refused to see. It all made sense now. Why Ilana and Elementa had shown up at the same time, why both Superman and Batman were so protective of Elementa as Clark and Bruce were towards Ilana. It all fit. So why had he been foolish enough not to see it? Perhaps he had been subconsciously denying the fact that the girl he had come to care so much for, maybe even loved, was the same Queen of Magic that he had come to loathe, maybe pity. Another shockwave shook him from his revelation. For now, something needed to be done, otherwise a few good blocks of Gotham city would pay the price.
"What do we do?" Bruce asked Clark.
"I don't know but we need to stop her before she sends half of Gotham into the ground," Clark said.
The Team knew very well that it was something she was capable of, as they had seen her so many times unleash her powers on their enemies. And now, in her time of anguish, she could not control herself and was wreaking havoc on everything within range.
"Everyone, move to her together, we need to knock her out," said Diana.
Suddenly the League leapt into action, easily flung away by her shockwave. She turned her head towards them, her silver eyes seeming to stare into their souls despite seeing nothing. She screamed, and a concentrated blast was aimed at the League members. They were flung back, the strongest skidding as they tried to keep their footing.
"You have no idea what you have done," she hissed at them.
Roots erupted from the ground and they wrapped around whatever they could grab. Furniture, objects and heroes alike were swept up and either tossed around or squeezed. Another shockwave hit, her scream piercing our ears. And then suddenly, it stopped. The roots went limp and her screams became silent sobs. Turning, we saw that someone had managed to time the shockwaves and dodge the roots to get to her. Connor stood holding her as she doubled over, his fist still in the place he had punched her, in her gut. She wheezed, her tears falling silently down her face. Slowly, Connor lowered them to the floor, bringing Ilana into his lap like a child. He patted her back as she continued to sob into his chest, her fist clutching his now wet shirt. The heroes silently gathered around her, waiting for her crying to stop. Dick stood among them, hating himself for selfishly wishing that it was his arms she was crying into.

*Hi guys! Sorry for the majorly long hiatus period and short chapter. Studying has me bogged down but I felt that I needed to write this down. Hope you enjoyed and once again, sorry for the wait :)*