Chapter 7

Chapter 7

It had been a week since the nerew team member Elementa had joined, and she still had not opened up to them. Even Batman opened up more than she did. She would aways have her hood up and her head down and would never say anything unless it was needed or harsh. The team took a very strong disliking of her. They had even complained to Batman, but he wouldn't hear of it and sounded very angry when Robin had pitched in. The whole League loved her. She was always warm to the League members, but cold and harsh to the team. Even Kalder, who wanted to give everyone a chance, was beginning to get annoyed.

"She is insufferable," complained Kalder to the rest of the team.

"I wish she would leave," chppied in Wally.

"I can not even read her mind or her eemotions," said Megan.

"I say we kick her out, forget the League," fumed Connor.

Robin, who hadn't said anything, was thinkkking very hard. He heard the swish of a cloak and knew that she had been listening. He followed her. She was once again in the training area, obviously waiting for him. Without a word to eachother, they began to fight. She blocked all his blows, but was able to hit him a few times. He stopped.

"You hear them, we all hate you.," he said, not regretting a word.

"Good," she replied.

Robin was taken aback. "Good? How is us hating you good?"

She turned to him. He couldn't see her expression, but her voice was sad and mournful, "Because, if I show I care too much, I might put you all in danger. And I can not afford to harm you, as you are clearly so important to the League. I understand that my actions might not be the best course of action, but it is the only one I can think of. If I show I do not care, they will not care and will be willing to sacrifice me instead of themselves if need be, " and with that, she turned and zaited out of the cave.