Chapter 20: True Colors

"Well then, we'll just have to hear them all."

As they walked through Regina's castle, everyone discussed The Dark One, and why he had Gesaffelstein.

"So, Gesaffelstein." Regina started. "He has powers, right?"

Abel nodded. "They're pretty dark. In color, I mean."

"So he's like Mr. Negative?" Terra suggested.

"No. You've been playing too much PS4. His powers are different each time, but they look similar."

"Then we'll have to assume that Rumple has him somewhere very secure, where he definitely can't get out." Regina said. "But why?"

"Well, we've learned that he made a deal with him to stay alive and well after getting evicted." Eraqus started.

"In the daytime, he's a normal man, but his powers are at night. Rumplestiltskin gave him those powers." Hartman added.

"But why would he kidnap him? Was it so we could find him?" Aqua asked.

"That could be a possibility." Said Regina as she walked towards her mirror.

"Sidney!" She called.

A face appeared in her mirror. "Yes, your highness?"

"Give me the last known location of Baelfire."

"He's about 27 miles away from here, on a farm with his new guardians."

"Who's Baelfire?" Aqua asked, a little confused."

"Rumplestiltskin's son." Regina informed.

"He has a son?!" Abel exclaimed, surprised.

"He used to be poor, almost nothing. But then he heard about The Dark One, and-"

"Wait. There's more than one Dark One?"

"I'm getting to that."

Hartman's eyes bulged like Nicolas Cage in Face/Off.

"This can't be good. Who knows how many Dark Ones are around?"

"There's never more than one at the same time." Regina explained. "To become the Dark One, you have to kill the present one with his or her dagger. But if you take hold of the dagger, you can also control The Dark One."

"Well, why didn't you say that earlier?" Hartman laughed. "This'll be easy! Just grab it when he's not looking, and-"

"Hartman, it's not gonna be that easy." Terra interrupted. "He keeps that thing with him all the time."

"Terra's right." Aqua confirmed. "It's gonna be pretty hard to get the dagger. So what about his son?"

"Well, after Rumple got the power, Baelfire got upset at him and basically wanted his father back, not the Dark One. No matter how much he tried, Baelfire wouldn't be happy. Rumple promised him that he would get rid of the power if he could find a way that wouldn't kill him."

"But he never did."

"Nope. So one day Baelfire left and now has new guardians."

"So what do we do now?" Eraqus asked.

"Well, we go find him, and we make Rumplestiltskin show his true colors. Right?" Abel said. "Then we can get Gesaffelstein back, and get this all back to normal."

"I'd like that." Aqua replied. "But how are we going to get to Baelfire?"

"I'll lead you." Regina offered.

"Really? I thought you didn't want to help." Terra reminded.

"I don't, but he could be using your friend for something very bad, and I don't want to risk anything by not stopping him, so I'll go."

With that, Regina transported everyone to the farm her mirror had talked about.

They saw a boy there, with some animals, looking content.

"Baelfire." Regina called.

The boy turned towards her, surprised. "Your Majesty?! What are you doing here?"

"These people here need your help. It's about your father."

Baelfire hung his head, looking sad.

"I'm sorry, but this isn't a good time to talk about my papa."

"Why? What happened?" Abel asked, stepping forward.

"He happened." A man came out of the shelter of the farm, looking badly bruised on his back and shoulders.

Abel's eyes widened. "Pharrell?"

The producer smiled. "Hey, man."

"Did Rumple bring him here?"

Baelfire nodded. "He's not after him now, because I'm protecting him."

Terra then realized what was going on.

"He's gathering Kavinsky's friends. First Gesaffelstein, now Gesaffelstein's collab partner Pharrell. But why?"

"I guess we're about to find out." Abel said.

Things were about to get wild.

672 words.