Chapter 2

Song that inspired me for this chapter:

All These Years by Camila Cabello (❤️)

COMMENT AND VOTE GUYS! I love reading what you guys have to say and replying back to y'all!!

Anyway, Enjoy ;)

Camila's POV

"Come over."

I sighed deeply into phone, holding it between my cheek and shoulder as I shoved my papers and laptop into my bag.

"No Dinah. I told you today is my first day, I can't be late. I'm meeting all the parents and my students."

It was her turn to sigh.

"Mila come on. I doubt the little squirts are even gonna notice you're a few minutes late, I'm bored."

I chuckled slinging the bag over my shoulder and stormed into the kitchen, immediately starting up the coffee maker. "You're bored? Go back to sleep then, why are you up at 7:00 anyway?"

"Because Ally is being annoying and said I need to start waking up at a decent time from now on," She groaned and I could hear shuffling in the background. I'm guessing from moving around on her ridiculously large bed.

"And plus," Dinah shouted making me cringe at the loud noise. "Brianna said I need to come in at 9 to do inventory at the bar by my fucking self. So fuck her."

"DJ, she did inventory last week. So this week it's your turn to do it. You've been working there for how many years now? Nothing has changed."

"You don't get it, Mila. You just don't."

I laughed taking my phone and putting it on speaker before setting it down on the kitchen counter.

"Are you nervous?"

Sighing deeply, I pulled out the hot pot of coffee and poured it into my mug. Bringing the rim up to my lips.

Am I nervous?

Today is the first day of my teaching career. Originally I wanted to teach high school, but after being a teachers assistant at a high school for 2 weeks I realized that it isn't for me. The constant attempts from boys, and even girls flirting with me. The love letters or even glares from the girls was just too much along with the little to no respect whatsoever for authority figures.

Thankfully, I was given the option of teaching elementary school and without a second thought, I took it. This is going to be my first day teaching on my own as well, it shouldn't be too hard since I'll be teaching First Grade but either way, I'll be on my own.

So to say I was nervous, would be a complete understatement.

"Helllooooo?"

The sound of her loud voice pulled me out of my thoughts and made me jump, nearly spilling the dark coffee on my white blouse.

I apologized, "Sorry sorry. Yeah I'm nervous, how could I not be?"

"Are you nervous about being a shitty teacher? Or are you nervous about getting slapped again?" She cackled over the phone and I instinctively brought a hand up to my cheek.

"Shut up. I don't want to talk about it."

"Don't wanna talk about what?"

My head immediately shot up to the voice walking into the kitchen. A smile formed on my face when my eyes met the warm brown ones that stole my heart 3 years ago.