Back to business.

    I held up the third dress in my hand: a bright cerulean blue dress, also with a retro, pleated skirt and fitted top. It had long sleeves and a creamy, lace Peter Pan collar. It was extremely nice enough to wear to dinner with Harry, but I decided to keep my options open, so I set that to the maybe side.

    Next, I pulled out two pale mint dresses: one was a mint green with sheer panels and collar with lace top and a sheer, flowy skirt; the other one was a mint blue lace sleeveless dress. I remembered buying these two at a sale in Nordstrom's back in California a few months ago. Once I tried them on, I fell in love with how cozy it was and how nice it made my figure look. To be honest, I wasn't the prettiest girl of the crowd, but I won't call myself unattractive either. I guess I'm a bit more on the average side with my natural ombre hair and lean frame. But other than that, there wasn't anything too special. Zoe was by far much prettier than I was. I guess guys likes the mysterious black hair and soft, curvy figure. Again, I'm not trying to bring my self esteem even lower; I'm just stating my opinion that I'm average and Zoe's a little more than average. Nothing more, nothing less.

    I looked at the mint green one closely--it was a bit light to be worn out to dinner, but I haven't worn it yet, and it's super pretty. Toss that one to the maybe's. Now the mint blue was also nice, also hasn't been worn yet, and also was a little too light to be worn out at night. But then again, lace was a little overused too, just like the high-low skirt. I don't want to be too typical on the date with Harry.

    Wait, what did I just say? Date? No no no no no, it was nothing more than a friendly dinner. And it's going to stay that way because there are so many reasons why, I can't even say it all here. So, sorry for my bad usage of words; I had meant dinner, not date.

    Back to the point: I don't want to be too typical for the dinner with Harry. I wanted to wear something nice, something that Harry hasn't seen so many times and assume that I'm a follower, which I'm not! I follow the trends, of course, who doesn't? But I don't want to tip the boat too much; get my drift? So like I said, something classy and edgy because I want to say that I can wear my own clothes with pride, not because I have to copy the fashion these days or I'll be knocked off the cool list.

    Anyways, the lace mint blue is a no-show, sorry. Maybe I can wear it the next time Zoe and I go shopping or out for lunch. I hung the dress back in the closet next to most of the rejects. I scanned the rest of the blues really quickly, but most of them I've already either worn, not good enough for the date, or just not what I want to wear. Now I have no other choice but to find a different color. I think I'll stick to a color close to blue; possibly black or something along that line.

    I chose a lace bodice, tutu skirt dress. The top was a lacey white with a sweetheart neckline with no sleeves, and the skirt was black and had sheer layers. There was a thick band around the waist that tied the dress together. Classy and refined, sweet and subtle. Obviously going into the maybe pile, which is now three dresses full. The next also had a black skirt, and it had a dark silk, floral print top. A bit too elegant; I should probably wear that to parties with champagne or art gallery parties and such, but not to a dinner with Harry.

    After putting back all of the dresses that I didn't find to my liking in the closet, I looked at the three dresses that were laying on my bed. The first was the cerulean dress, the second was the mint green one, and the third was the black and white dress. After a long discussion between three sides of my brains that were rooting for each dress, I finally came upon the mint green dress. Sure it was light, but hey, I'm going to surprise him. The blue and black and white dress will have to settle for second and third place, though they were extremely close.