Chapter 44

Derick's P.O.V

I opened my eyes a little only to be met with a stupid amount of sun shining into my room.

I groaned and rubbed my eyes.

The door opened and a half naked Issac comes in with a coffee mug.

"Good morning sleeping beauty, do you have a headache from your hangover?"

"Is that coffee for me?"
"No"
"Will you give yours to me?"
"No"
"Well, why not?!" I yelled, my patience thinning.

I groaned rubbing my head.

Bad idea.

"Because you're an asshole that embarrassed the girl you love, and you so f*cking deserve that headache"

My eyes opened remembering everything.

I so f*cking deserve this headache...

Juliana's P.O.V

"Right this way Miss"
I was actually here...
I'm so glad Kate agreed to come with me.

After I got back yesterday and her anger subsided, I explained the situation which resulted in the both of us in tears but whatever.

Anyway here I am...
In front of his door...
Ready to knock...
"Just knock already! What in the world are you waiting for?! An invitation?!" Kate yelled right next to my ear.

"My f*cking eardrums are gone" I glared at her, holding my ears.
"Don't swear at me"
"I told you to stay at the waiting room!"
"Listen if I wasn't here you would've chickened out already!"
"Well maybe I will-"

And the door opened revealing...

A nurse.

"I'm gonna go back to the waiting room, I promised someone a checker match, good luck Julie!" Kate smiled, patting me on the back before running away.

She bailed on me!
I'm gonna kill you Kate.

"Can you please quiet down? Mr. Downs is trying to enjoy his afternoon crossword puzzle in Silence"

She looked me up and down.
"And who are you?"
"I'm a visitor, if you can give me some privacy that would be nice"
"I'm not obligated to let you in unless Mr. Downs permits it" she said crossing her arms, looking down on me, man she's tall and I consider myself average sized!

"Listen lady I came here ready to chicken out, and if you won't let me in, I'll just go ask that other nice nurse to let me in"

"I don't think you-" she started.

"Felicity! What is all that ruckus?!" Interrupted a raspy voice from inside the room, dad.

"Nothing Mr. Downs, it's just..."
She glared at me and I glared back raising an eyebrow.

"It's just you have a visitor"
"A visitor? Let them in!"
I smirked at the nurse and went through the door, I made sure to lock the door so we don't get interrupted.

He was sitting by the window glasses on and pen in hand.

He still likes crosswords.

He looked good for his age, still had a head full of hair, hair that was greying in some places, nothing more than a few age marks on his face, age has become him.

"Do I know you?" He looked up while I was still staring at him.
"I wasn't that old when you left"
"You're right, you weren't, what made you want to see your old man? More importantly how did you find me?" He raised a brow.