Chapter 13

You know you're the best when you finish a party a day prior to the due date.

You're probably asking what I have been doing for the past two days, you know other than being there for a mourning Kate.

Since the hotel wasn't responsible for decorating the venue, I had to alternate my routine to consist of going to work, rushing to the mall, buying anything purple or blue
(with Mr. Reid's money of course), going to the venue, beg the staff to help, organize with them and direct them until around 12 am and then finally go home.

Now let me rant about my health, I'm not only physically exhausted but mentally too, Mr. Reid is not going easy on me with work, just when I think I'm done, I see another list in front of my face.

I really wonder how much work he has to do, I'm sure he's dumping it all on me.

Stupid, you saw how much work he has to do when you cleaned his office remember?

Conscious, I want to blame someone else please, don't make me feel guilty.

Anyway let's skip to the present, I'm currently sitting in Mr. Reid's limo with him beside me.

As the party is tomorrow, I'm taking him to go see the venue and hear what he thinks of it and I am nervous as hell.

The car stopped and my heart started beating rapidly, afraid of what he'll think, because I am in no mood to get fired and no mood to do everything all over again.

He is an arrogant man after all.

The driver opened the door and we both got out, I thanked him and Mr. Reid being the man he is just walked in without giving him a glance.

I rolled my eyes and followed him in.

When the staff saw me, they quickly recognized me and their eyes widened when they laid eyes on Mr. Reid.

I quickly nod my head and they got the message that I'm here to see the venue.

When they opened the doors, I was proud to see the work I had spent so much time on come to life.

It was difficult at first, I don't remember studying fabric in college because I wasn't planning on it.

But after multiple fabric stores and help from Nina, perks of having a sister that's studying design.

Yup I was able to accomplish a job I had not signed up for.

I quickly focused my eyes on
Mr. Reid to see if I can get a reaction from him.

And guess what? Nothing!

"Sir?"
"I don't like the colors"
I literally chocked on air, did he really just say he didn't like the colors?

"Well I did ask for your opinion Mr. Reid and you told me to do as I like" I said after regaining my breath.

"I had no idea you had such poor taste, otherwise I wouldn't have said anything"

Breath in Julie.

"And what do you suggest I do sir?" I gritted out.
"Change the color scheme" he said in a cold tone sensing my disrespect.

"Yes sir" I say with a sickeningly sweet smile, as though working, shopping and putting everything together is done with the snap of my fingers.