Chapter 38

A week passed since Cassie's visit and Derick's confession, let's just say every time he sees me...

I get glared at...

For a really long time.

I know what he's waiting for me to do, or should I say what he's waiting for me to say, I like him, I'm not denying that.

But do I love him?

He's not Andreas, he will never sink so low as to be Andreas.

But...

I'm waiting.

I'm waiting for that one moment that defines our relationship, that one moment I can look back on and say; this is the reason I love this man.

Or the reason I hate this man, no need to imagine the worst case scenario though.

Is this considered being insecure? Am I doing what Andreas was doing? Waiting for Derick to screw up?

And he has been acting suspicious, leaving the office more than the usual, canceling meetings.

I don't want to be the clingy girlfriend and say he's never around, I mean he still makes time for me, takes me to dinner, we go see his mom from time to time, she took our relationship very well thanks to someone telling the whole world and that someone is none other than; Issac Miller.

I even asked Kate to lunch so I can formally introduce them.

"Are you sure that's the guy you work for? He's smiling" she said, making me laugh because it's true.

If I compare Derick's behavior to when I first met him I can assure you, he's a whole other person.

"Love changes people Ms. Abalos" He said smiling at me, putting his arm around my waist.

I wish he never said that, because it sparked a whole different subject that was now considered taboo in this relationship.

"Wait, you two love each other?!"
We both tensed up, not sure how to answer, I can't tell you the amount of times I've wanted to apologize.

For being such an inconvenience, for being someone so unsure of their feelings and I knew the only way I can solve this was by telling him the truth.

It's time he knows about the problems I had with being so in love and making so many mistakes.

We were now in the office and working with a lawyer to get a contract going, when we were done, we shook hands with the lawyer and bid her goodbye.

"That was tiring" I said rubbing my neck.
"No kidding" he smiled.
"What are you smiling about?" I said going to him.

His smile is contagious, he's like a magnet always pulling me towards him.

"How it's so different now, no more stiffness, no more denial, I promise nothing will change this"

"You act like something is going to tear us apart"
His smile fell and he tensed.
"No, nothing like that, I just want to have peaceful days with you" he laughed nervously.

My brows furrowed.

"What's going on?"
"Nothing, Do you want to have dinner at my house tonight?"
"I'd love to" I smiled, wondering what he's planning.

I'll find out what you're hiding Derick Reid.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"How do I look?"
"Damn, you sure this is just a dinner date?" Kate said looking up from the TV.
"It is and I'll be back late"