Chapter 12

The next morning we woke up, packed, and quickly rushed back to New York.

When we had landed I asked Mr. Reid to give me the day off and to my surprise, he agreed and his reason for agreeing could be one of the best reasons in the world.

Flashback

"Sir, would you mind giving me the day off today? I really am in no mood to work no matter how short the flight is"

"Yes, you can go ahead, I won't be at the office today anyway, my mother wants to see me"

Again...
What a mommas boy!

"Yes, thank you, sir"

End of flashback

And here I am, standing in front of my apartment building,
Mr. Reid had dropped me off and just left to go see his mother.

I walked up to my front door unlocking the door, it was 8 AM on a Monday and I had a feeling Kate would be at work so I didn't bother announcing my arrival.

I look around my apartment and I freeze when my eyes reach the living room.

"Hey," she says with a sad smile, her nose red and there are dark circles around her eyes.

I walk closer to see Kate moping in the living room with a tub of ice cream.

I walked to her and just silently put my arms around her.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly.
"Noth-"
"Before you say nothing, it doesn't make sense for you to just be crying and moping around like a lost puppy" I interrupt.

She scoffs.
"It's not like I'm doing it on purpose"

"Do you need me to kick his ass?"
She laughed and said

"Don't worry you don't need to kick anyone's ass, he was just a jerk anyway, a very handsome and sweet son of a b*tch" And she sobs, best friend to the rescue.

"Novio he was anything but sweet, you deserve so much more, believe me, if I were a man I would go out with you and locked you up from this world, no one needs to see my beautiful girl"

"I pity your future lover"
She smiled.
"And why is that?"
That's the smile I wanted to see.
"Because you're going to be so damn possessive and not to mention jealous!"

I raised an eyebrow.
"Please, me? Jealous?"
"You seriously got jealous over a girl being my biology partner back in high school"

"I don't get jealous, that was not jealousy, that was me being suspicious of sabotage, and me being possessive is none of your business"

"She admits it"
At least her mood is better.

"But I'll be honest, I really did love Ryan, he really was the guy for me, either he was pretending or by coincidence, we had a lot in common"

"Have you ever heard of the words 'let him go f*ck himself'?"
"Yeah..."
"Then that's the attitude you need to support, you get me?"

"I do, I just need time to get over it, We've been dating for almost two years, I've never had a relationship last that long and he was probably two-timing me behind my back for the most part"