Marked with an 'X'

My mind can not stop rushing through the past encounter with the Iceton pack member. It makes my blood run cold. I keep repeating Hunters words over and over, 'They won't leave you alive'. Nobody had ever threatened me in my life until now, and It felt surreal. I was terrified, but I pretended not to be.  

Another night in the pack house has passed and I lie amongst the soft velvet sheets in my king size bed. I press an automatic button on the side of the headboard and the curtains open to reveal another chilly morning. I had begun to appreciate nature living here, mainly because I did not have my phone. I definitely did not miss the endless Snapchat stories about the Kardashians latest outings. That was irrelevant compared to the situation I was now in. 

"Morning" Jaxton opens the door and steps in without warning. I get a little shock and gasp. He does not react, but instead, keeps walking to the bathroom.

"Ah, morning...what's going on?" I frown in confusion wondering why he's in such a hurry to walk in here like he owns this place, well he does. Still my point stands.

"I have to find that perfume you were wearing yesterday when you were with that Iceton pack member. They can track you from a kilometers away if you wear that again." He says as he rummages through the drawers.

"Well, you could've told me to just not wear it and I wouldn't anymore. Don't feel the need to burst in here and go through my stuff. This is my only space of privacy." I roll my eyes and stare out the window ignoring his presence walking towards me.

I can sense the stiffness in his body and he walks slowly towards the bed. I look over to him and purse my lips together praying a smile doesn't slip out. He takes everything so seriously, and this was a perfect example of that.

"And you think you can speak to me like that, do you?" He cups my chin in his strong hand reasonably hard. I wince in shock.

"Like what? Get off me!" I pull his hand away from my face but he softy slaps my cheek. I pull the covers over me and slide to the other side of the bed.

"You cannot question me Avery. I know what is best for you. I am going to protect you, and nothing will harm you. If you disrespect me again, you will see what will happen princess" He walks out the door slamming it shut behind him. He's crazy.

I stay still beginning to comprehend what just happened. He slapped my cheek! Nobody slaps me, especially not a man who claims to 'love me'. I feel anger boil up inside me and an urge develops to go down and give him a piece of my mind. I know that it will only cause more drama and I had to admit, I was afraid of what he was capable of doing to me.  

The tap runs cold on my hands as I wash them and splash some over my face. It wakes me up just like a starbucks coffee. Surprisingly I could've been saving six dollars everyday. Undressing from my pajamas and finding the least skimpy outfit I had been given in my wardrobe was an event which took a while. I wanted to look good, and show Jaxton what he will miss out on if he treats me like he did. 

"Oh hey, I say as I walk pass Hallie's room" I glance over at her. She is sitting on her window bench reading a book.

"Breakfast at Tiffany's" She holds the cover up to show me.

"Classic. I love it" 

Her face brightens up with excitement. "Audrey Hepburn executed the character Holly so well. I would seriously love to be an actress-"

Hallie takes a deep breath and gets into character. "-How's this. You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage. ...Ta da!" She takes a bow.

"Amazing, are you ready for your Oscars awards night?" We both begin to laugh.

"How's Jaxton? Oh nevermind, I wanted to ask you what happened yesterday when you left. Nobody will tell me anything. Jaxton says its for my own protection, but between you and me...girl to girl. I need to know" She walks towards me her eyes widening in curiosity.