Red Velvet

"What do you mean Avery? Being the Alphas mate is one of the most complimenting things anyone could be" She flicked her curled blonde hair over her shoulder.

Alpha, mate. It was all coming back to me. I suddenly remembered me and Elle back in sixth grade binge watching our all time favourite TV series, 'The unmarked'. A show about mythical creatures. Werewolves. I had heard the words Alpha and mate in the show. It clicked in my head. These people must be part of a werewolf worshipping cult and I am their fresh bait.

"Werewolves...how could that be?" I blurted out. Hallie put down her book on the coffee table. She looked at me wide eyed in shock.

"Did they tell you? Goddamn that Walter is always ruining everything. I am so sorry he had to take you here. He is one of our newest pack members. He was a stray, they can get messed up" Hallie begun to go on a tangent before I cut her off her story.

"Nobody told me. I just had binged watch this series as a kid. Honestly I had heard heaps of stories how werewolves were real, just as real as mammoths and dinosaurs, but they were now extinct." I laughed at how immature I sounded. I felt stupid even thinking a small part of me could still believe in a mythical creature.

Children grew up with tales of werewolves. It was known to us all. We believed they had existed, so did all the adults. Nobody doubted our history. You would hear business men and government members discuss werewolf sightings on the news all the time. Nobody believed it, maybe because nobody wanted to believe it. Werewolves were said to be terrifying. Not by the looks of it, Hallie looked like she couldn't hurt a fly.

"I do remember Red, sorry Walter growled and his fingernails, they...they grew and became sharp like blades" I looked down at my thigh discretely where Red had touched me. There was three long red marks and my skin was slightly broken along the line. I hadn't noticed before.

"That stupid idiot, I swear to you Avery. If he hurts you. You come to me. Girls always have each-other's backs" Hallie rolled her eyes at the stupidity of Red.

She lead me upstairs to a room with matching decor. Everything was cherry red and I figured by the 1950's decor it was Hallie's bedroom. Her dressing table was full of expensive makeup. She had so many eyeshadow palettes I wondered how she could've afforded all of that. The money which I earned went to my car, gas and then to buy my clothes and handbags. I loved makeup, but only bought what was practical.

She wiped off the remaining makeup off my face. My skin was fresh and bare. She lead me to a bathroom and told me to shower quickly because she was excited to give me a makeover. I knew I could do myself up and look amazing, but I thought I should let her have her fun. Plus I didn't yet know if she had a hidden temper like Red or the other two. I didn't want to test it.

The shower was much needed. The warm water washed away bad memories and burned against my wounds on my ankles and the scratch on my thigh. Hallie would help me for sure fixing those. To me fixing the cuts was way more crucial than makeup. I chucked on a smooth velvet baby pink robe Hallie had gifted me.

The mirror was still foggy from the hot shower so I breathed on it to clear a spot. I stared at myself in the mirror, I didn't recognise myself. I had dark shadows and my skin was drained of colour. My hazel eyes had lost their brightness. My figure remained the same thankfully. My slim frame still held my curves around my hips and my butt and my breasts were full and perky. My friends had told me I had the figure of a Victoria's Secret Model. I did feel a bit like one in my baby pink robe. I towel dried my long honey brown hair and brushed it. The shampoo made my hair smell delicious. I sprayed on some Estee Lauder perfume which reminded me of Kendall Jenner. My celebrity 'twin'. People also had called me Kendall.