Little One

"Good morning Avery" Jaxton says as he whispers into my ear and kisses my neck softly. I relax with his touch and sink my head back into the pillow trying to hide my smile.

"Morning" I turn to face him praying that I look somewhat decent after a night of tears and excessive emotion. He runs his hand across my lips and I blush. His touch is like a drug to me, and I know I should hold back. Just until I know and trust him. 

My stomach growls "Hungry?" Jaxton says in response to my stomach and it's ability to always and only make loud noises when all else is quiet. 

"Well, yes. I think this must be a sign" I sit up and stretch out my arms taking in the view from the window. A misty alpine forest covered in morning dew. It was something out of a storybook, the house, the forest and the endless gifts I was showered in by strangers. I felt like a princess, spoilt. This seemed too good to be true, but I would take my chances. For if this was all real, I would begin to love life here. Jaxton and me walk downstairs and we are greeted by two maids who are busy placing champagne glasses away.

"Two scrambled eggs, bacon, spinach and toast" Jaxton says motioning his hands towards the stove. The maids place away the final glasses and hurry to make our food. I think to myself how demanding Jaxton is, I hope they are paid well. 

"Sounds amazing, I am craving a hot breakfast right now" I smile at Jaxton.

"Let's find the others, we will come back to fetch our food later" He grabs my hands and leads me down stairs. It's another set of stairs down a hall which I didn't know existed. I paid close attention to the doors and windows just incase I needed to escape. I was not able to trust these people, not yet. 

"Avery! I missed you" Hallie bolts over to me in excitement. I think if there was one way to describe her was a toddler on a sugar high, twenty four seven. I smile and pretend to feel mutual with her, even though I barely know her. Axel nods and Jaxton and barely acknowledges me. How rude. This room is a games room I figured. It had a pool table, board games stacked in a huge glass cabinet and a huge circular couch facing a floor to roof television. These people definitely had more money than all the Kardashians combined. 

"Jaxton, I got a letter, from the Iceton pack. They are threatening to kill our pack members if we don't give up our land. They want to expand their territory and claim the rights to the wolf council" Axel hands Jaxton a letter and at that point I realise that staying here is playing with fire. This is a dangerous reality and I know I do not belong here. 

"What does that mean for us? We can fight back right?" Hallie walks up to Axel and places her hand on his. He looks down at her and smiles then takes her hand away and motions for her to leave the conversation.

"We can't have you involved Hallie, it's too dangerous. You are young and that is exactly what Iceton targets, youth and vulnerability. You and Avery will be protected along with all of our young females" Jaxton states this with no emotion and I know he is one to always have the final word. Hallie nods in response and so do I. Submission has never been something I do, I always pride myself on being a leader. In this situation, however, Jaxton knows best.

"Avery, lets go get your breakfast and chat. Everything will be totally fine. Jaxton is smart, and our pack is known to have great members" Something in Hallie's tone tells me she is worried. I mentally prepare myself for the reality I may escape before these threats become more than just words. 

"Hallie, I don't understand all of this. I have come here yesterday after being forcefully taken and kidnapped by three strangers and thrown into this place and now I am suddenly owned by him. This isn't right. Please can you take me to the nearest station, or anything" I speak quietly as we walk away. I know Alpha Jaxton wouldn't let me leave. I can sense his nature is protective and possessive.