Fletcher

Stupid flaming cheeks! I was surprised how hard it was not to just rub my scent all over her and her car, to make her a part of the pack. I was also impressed with how much of a hard worker she was and the way she showed true passion for all the animals at the sanctuary. I had to admit watching her go inside Spartan's cage again nearly gave me a heart attack, but he seemed far more tolerant of her than of any of us. When we were far enough away from the sanctuary she pulled to the side of the road and we carried the cage further into the trees before setting it down. I knew this area would be a good spot for the pair of foxes to den although I didn't give away the fact I ran here regularly on four legs. 

"This seems good enough, want to do the honors?" Her hum drew me from my thoughts as I sent a nod her way. The moment the cage door was open both of them darted off as fast as they could away from us, and we just watched them go. "Hopefully they'll stay out of trouble out here, come on we better get back." She led the way back to the car as we headed for the sanctuary. When we got back Gavin met us at the door and I noticed Emmett's car was here too, I didn't really have a chance to keep up with Sidney if he was around. 

"Hey Sid, a volunteer came and took the baby birds, they do full time care on a lot of the fledgling birds and when they heard we had some they offered to take them in." Gavin stated first and the small smile that creased her lips was a brilliant beauty. "That's great, I don't have to worry about Sassy trying to go after them then." She sighed happily, our response was to echo 'who was Sassy'? "She's my cat, she attacked the incubator when I brought them home last night so this is probably better for their safety." She shrugged out, and she turned to get back to work.

 "Hey, it's lunchtime, aren't you going to eat anything?" I called after her with a frown as she turned back towards us. "I didn't bring anything." She replied lightly. "Well I brought extra sandwiches if you're interested?" I scuffed my shoe in the dirt as I waited for her response. "Are you sure?" Her frown seemed disbelieving so I went and grabbed my bag to show her I'd packed enough to feed all of us. "Well I guess I could eat something." She hummed as she took two of the roast beef sandwiches and got to work unwrapping them. Watching her enjoy the meal I prepared had both my wolf and human halves pleased to have provided her with food. The good mood changed however when Emmett being the attention hog he is stole the show.

                                      Emmett

"Hey, speaking of food I've got some news you might like to hear gorgeous." I raised as I plopped down on the step beside hers. I could feel Gavin and Fletch scowling at my back but I was far more focused on the curious eyes in front of me. "Alright Sir Flirtsalot, what's this news that dares to interrupt my meal?" Her raised challenge had me grinning back at her. "Well you have been invited to have dinner with us at our place tonight, as a sort of apology for how we acted towards you the other day." I smirked as I watched her brows rise in disbelief.

 "And you honestly think I want to get stuck having dinner with you idiots after that?" Her tone was a scoff and I winced slightly at the anger behind it. "Okay we deserve that, but could you maybe consider it at least?" I voiced slow and uncertainly as she paused from looking at all of us to frowning down at her last half-eaten sandwich. "Puppet, would you be making this said dinner?" Her eyes focused over my shoulder, and a string of jealousy ran through me as she frowned to little pup boy Fletch. "Uh, yes?" Fletch murmured softly back as she finished off her last sandwich with a thoughtful nod.

 "Well then, if you make a sandwich that tastes this good I can't wait to see what you can do for an actual dinner. I'll be there, now if you'll excuse me I've got work to do." Her answer and dismissal were given with a small nod as she turned her back to us and headed for the cages. "She calls you Puppet?" I voiced to a grinning Fletcher, the kid looked like he'd just gotten the best news of his life.

 "Hey it's better than Sir Flirtsalot, and besides she's coming over to eat MY food." He was practically preening at her praises. "This isn't another joke, right Emmett? Bowen does know about this dinner?" Gavin frowned out. "I brought it up this morning and he insisted that she be invited over, no clue what his plans are, but if this is a joke it's not mine." I shrugged back as I sent a final look back to the cages and headed for home. I had been so eager to get her attention and Sidney Blake had barely given me the time of day, but I wasn't going to give up that easily.