[Chapter 070] - That's Really Cool!

[Astrid's Point Of View]

......................................................................

As we arrived at Hiccup's house, we drove into their garage and parked his motorbike on its spot. I jumped down and took off the helmet. Hiccup was just pressing some buttons and probably checking if everything was good for now, before jumping down as well.

We put our helmets on the shelf and headed to the far corner of the garage.

"Where are we going?" I asked, looking at all the beautiful cars, still parked - side by side - in this huge place.

"This way. We have a second door, so we avoid getting outside again," Hiccup said and gestured to the corner.

As we got to the corner, we turned right, and there was a door. It was made of some sort of black non-see-through glass. It was really cool, but I was wondering why it didn't have any doorknob or something to open it with.

"Wanna see something cool?" Hiccup asked, looking excitedly at me with a goofy smile.

I couldn't avoid to let out a soft giggle. "Sure!" I smiled.

Hiccup went over to the wall and pressed one of the symbols, which I haven't even noticed before now. Suddenly a little slit in the wall slid away, revealing a control panel on the wall.

My eyes widened as I saw that. It was some very advanced technology... But, of course, Stoick would have this kind of stuff... I mean, he has the money for it...

Hiccup dialed in a code on the panel and scanned his finger. I saw the screen turn green and a female voice announced; "Code verified. Welcome home" the door now slid into the wall, making a passage into the house.

"Wow... Cool!" I laughed. I couldn't imagine having my own talking computer at my house... But it would be cool though!

Hiccup chuckled. "Yeah, my dad decided that we should install a female voice to give this home a bit more atmosphere... I mean we don't really have any women in the house anymore..."

I don't want to make Hiccup uncomfortable by mentioning his mom, so I put my hand on his shoulder. "...I'm sorry," I said quietly.

"Hey, don't think about it, it's not your fault!" Hiccup said and turned around, wrapping his hands around me. "Besides, my mom would've loved Ceptora..."

I lifted my head and looked at him, frowning. "Ceptora?"

"Yep, that's her name" Hiccup chuckled. He released the grip around me and turned to the control panel. "Ceptora, tell me the weather for tomorrow"

I raised an eyebrow as the voice began to speak. "Weather for tomorrow will be mostly raining, but around 13 o'clock you can expect a little sun. Average temperature: 12 degrees Celsius, 53 degrees Fahrenheit"

I smiled. "Can you ask her about everything?"

Hiccup nodded. "I have no idea where she gets her info from, but my dad told me she is connected to the internet..."

"Well, she is already smarter than me..." I chuckled.

"She is a computer, so that doesn't count" Hiccup laughed. "Let's head inside and put down our stuff" he gestured me to go through the passage, leading into another door.

We went inside and the glass door slid back in place behind us, locking in all the precious cars and motorbike. We got to the door and Hiccup grabbed the doorknob, twisting it and opening to reveal their hallway.

We got out and I looked around. "I thought this was a closet," I said and pointed back to the door we just got out from.

Hiccup chuckled. "That's the whole idea behind"

I giggled. Well, this got me... We went over and took off our shoes and jackets, hanging them up on the coat hook.

Both Hiccup and I snapped out of our thoughts as we heard some barks, coming from the living room. I turned around and 'aww'ed at the little cute dog, running happily out to us.

"Toothless" Hiccup smiled and crouched down, petting him. Toothless seemed to be were happy to see Hiccup again.

"This is Astrid. You may remember her" Hiccup spoke and gestured to me.

I smiled and crouched down as well. "Hey there" I scratched him behind his ear and he seemed to love it. He barked happily and nuzzled his head against my arm.

Hiccup chuckled. "I think he remembers you"

I smiled and petted Toothless a little more. He was such a cute dog and he reminds me of Stormfly... I was actually missing her, but I'll see her very soon!

"Oh, hey dad," Hiccup said suddenly. I looked up to be greeted by Stoick, leaning against the doorframe to the living room.

"Hello, Mr. Haddock" I greeted and stood back up together with Hiccup.

"Good afternoon you two" Stoick smiled and chuckled.  "Seems like you've shown Ceptora to Astrid"

I looked at Hiccup and he smiled. How did Stoick know that?

"I forgot to tell you that she can be heard almost all around the house..." Hiccup explained. "Anyway, dad... Astrid and I will be at my room, please call if you need anything, okay?"

Stoick smiled and raised an eyebrow. "Don't worry, I'll not disturb you two" he laughed and went into the living room.

I blushed and looked at Hiccup who was also blushing a bit. He just smiled innocent showing his teeth.

"Stop smiling like that" I whisper-yelled and gave him a gentle punch on the shoulder.

Hiccup chuckled lightly. "C'mon let's head upstairs" he gestured me to go first and he followed me up.

We got into his room and we put down our bags. Hiccup went over and closed the door behind us.

"Maybe we could watch a movie? I assume you are tired..." He asked.

I looked back up at him and smiled. "Sure, may I choose?"

He smiled. "Sounds like a plan to me! Do you mind if I take a quick bath and change into something more appropriate?"

I nodded and went over to his bed and sat down on the edge.

Hiccup quickly went over to his closet and pulled out a set of clean close before heading to his bathroom.

But before he went in, he turned around to me and smiled. "Make yourself comfortable, I promise to be quick!"

I smiled. "Wait!" I stood up and ran over to him. "This is for the ride" I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him in for a short, but sweet kiss. He kissed back immediately and I smiled into the kiss.

I pulled back again and looked at him. He was still kissing the air and probably just imagining me. I chuckled as he opened his eyes and pouted. "Is that it?  

"You better be quick if you want more," I said and crossed my arms playfully.

I saw Hiccup's eyes widen. "I'll be back soon!" he said before closing the door.

I chuckled and went back to his bed, throwing myself in the middle of it. It was so comfortable, I understand why Hiccup loves to sleep...

I grabbed my phone and went into Netflix, searching for some movies to watch.

I heard the water turn on from the bathroom...

I took off my shirt and reached down for my bag, putting it inside. I quickly went to Hiccup's closet and found one of his shirts. I was only wearing my top, so I quickly put it on.

I love his shirts...

......................................................................

[- Next Chapter: Finish What You Started]