Chapter Twenty Six

Start from the beginning

My fists clenched. And I stood up from the seat.

He looked up at me.

"What? Where are you going?" He asked.

I glared at him. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. I felt hurt. I felt betrayed. I knew I shouldn't be feeling that. But I did. God, I did feel betrayed.

"Away from you," I whispered, the lump in my throat making it difficult to talk.

I walked out of the cafe, leaving a confused Jimin behind me. As I walked out and started walking down the road, a hand caught my wrist, pulling me towards him, away from the approaching car.

"Are you crazy, Eun Hee? You could've died. What is wrong with you?" He shouted.

I looked up into Jimin's angry eyes, which soon turned into worried ones as he looked at me.

"Why are you crying?" He asked.

I didn't realise I was crying until he asked. I looked away from his eyes. I hated that he had to see me so weak. It was pathetic that I was crying for something that shouldn't have meant anything to me.

"Let me go, Jimin. Please," I whimpered.

His arms were still around me, embracing me in a warm hug. It felt safe. But I was disgusted by him. And I wanted to get away.

"No. Tell me what happened," he said, his voice soft.

I closed my eyes.

I knew I shouldn't be crying over this. I shouldn't even be effected by whatever he did. It wasn't like we were dating for real and he had cheated on me.

Taking a few deep breaths, I said, "Look. Jimin, let me go. Okay?"

"I told you. I'm not letting you go. Come on," he said, and broke the embrace.

He wiped the tears from my cheeks with his thumb. He took my hand in his, and started walking towards his car. My heart beat sped up, jolt of electricity coursing through my hand.

"Where are we going?" I asked, my voice weak.

He didn't answer. Instead, he opened the passenger door for me to sit. I stayed where I was.

He sighed.

"Get in, Eun Hee."

I shook my head.

"No. You still haven't told me where you're taking me?"

"To my parents' house," he answered.

"No way. I'm not going there." I took a step back.

"Eun Hee. Try to fucking understand. It is important. I'll tell you everything in the car. Please. Just get in," he said, his voice an octave higher than before.

But he was desperate. His voice showed despair. He really wanted me to come, and I knew I shouldn't have listened to him. But I did. I nodded, hesitantly, and slid into the seat.