Chapter Three

"I need you like a heart needs a beat."

● ● ●

03.
COFFEE DATE & FANTASIES

IT WAS DATE day. Jimin had come to pick me up and was waiting for me in the lounge. I had dressed into a baby blue sundress and pumps, straightened my hair and put on a light red lipgloss. I was giving myself a once over in the mirror. Grabbing my phone off my bed, I hurried out of my room and into the living room. Jimin looked up from his phone and his gaze skimmed my body from head to toe, checking me out.

Is he serious? I can see that he's checking me out shamelessly. Ugh.

"You look beautiful, Eun Hee." He stood up from the sofa and put his phone in the pocket of his blazer.

"Thank you," I said, looking anywhere but him. A pink blush spread across the apples of my cheeks.

We both walked out of the door. I locked my apartment and climbed down the steps. Jimin opened the passenger door for me. I let out a meek thank you, and sat on the leather seats.

I love this car.

He went around the car towards the driver's side and slid in the seat. As he turned on the ignition, the car roared to life.

"Ready?" He asked, looking at me.

I looked at him.

"Yes."

And we were out of the driveway and onto the road.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Cafe."

"No. I meant which one."

"You'll see," was all he said and then we were both quiet, except for the soft, low sound the speakers emitted.

I unlocked my phone and saw that Sana had texted me half an hour ago while I was getting ready.

Sana:
have fun girl. Seems like he's interested in you.

Eun Hee:
you're crazy. He's not. By the way we're going to a cafe. And it's not really a date. He just wanted to get to know me and well, he seems interesting so I guess there's nothing wrong with getting to know him a bit.

Sana:
Oh Em Gee. What? and you say he's not interested in you. Girl, you're so lucky. I'm so jealous. Have fun on your date. And don't do anything that I would do. Mom's calling. Laters babe.

Eun Hee:
he's not interested in that way, you stupid girl. It's not like I like him. So don't worry. I won't don't anything reckless. Say hi to your mum.

Sana:
oh and before I go, how the fuck did he know your address? I forgot to ask you.

Eun Hee:
oh crap. Idk that either. Will ask him. I hope he is not a psychopath or something.

Sana:
text or call me if anything goes wrong. And dw he's not a psychopath. Hopefully. ;)

I put the phone back in my clutch purse.