Chapter Thirty Four

"It's dreadful what little things lead people to misunderstand each other."

● ● ●

34.
JEALOUSY, JEALOUSY

The reflection staring back at me didn't seem mine at all. The smouldering smokey eyes, the perfect contours of her face, the bold maroon lipstick; it seemed like I wasn't the one in the mirror.

The maroon silk dress hugged my body like second skin. The black stiletto heels made my legs look longer than they were. The slick straight hair cascaded down the my back. I couldn't believe how beautiful I looked and felt. I wasn't insecure of my body or looks, but today, I felt like I was beautiful.

I turned towards Sana, her eyes accessing my makeup, and then, after a moment, we both squealed.

"You look so hot, Eun Hee. Jimin will be all over you tonight. Make him regret taking that woman with him."

The smile faded from my face and I turned back towards the mirror. "I don't know, Sana."

"You don't know what?"

"I mean I was the one who said that I wouldn't go with him. It's not really his fault."

Sana put her hands on my shoulder and turned me to face her. The expression on her face was serious. "Look, Eun Hee. You love Jimin. Right?"

I nodded.

"And he loves you too?"

I opened my mouth, but then hesitated.

Did Jimin love me or was it just fleeting attraction? I didn't know the answer to the question, but my heart desperately hoped it was the former. Because I knew I was in love with him and if he didn't reciprocate the same feeling, it'd break me.

"I don't know. I mean he did say he has feelings for me. Likes me. But I'm not sure if he loves me. I just... I don't know. This is so frustrating," I said, sighing.

"Well, then, the only way to know is to go to this party and find out if he loves you. Make him jealous. Or I don't know, go and ask him if he does. There's no point in beating around the bush, anyways," she said.

I nodded.

*

Kim Taehyung was dressed in a royal blue suit, that clung to his body in the perfect way, his toned muscles of arms and chest on show. Usually, his hair covered his forehead, but today his dark hair were styled back and held in place by gel.

I could clearly see why he was famous among women.

The man oozed beauty and sex appeal. I definitely acknowledged his beauty. But I wasn't attracted to him in any sexual way. That sort of appeal for me was only held by the man I loved.

Park Jimin.

Taehyung smiled at me as I made my way out of the apartment. I returned the gesture.

"You look lovely, Eun Hee."

"You don't look too bad yourself, Taehyung."