Chapter Twenty One

"We accept the love we think we deserve."

● ● ●

21.
BAD EXPERIENCES

Oh my God.

"Sana! What happened?" I asked, my heart racing.

Instead of a response, I could only hear the sound of sobbing and it made my gut wrench. Sana rarely cried, being the strong girl that she was. It was always me crying at useless, minute stuff and it scared the crap out of me to hear her sobbing on the other side of line.

"Sana, please talk to me. Are you alright? Did something happen to you?"

No response.

"Where are you right now? Tell me. I'm coming to get you," I said, standing up from the bed.

I walked towards the cupboard, rummaging through it for a jacket.

"At grandma's," she finally whispered, her voice hoarse from crying.

"Okay. I'll be there as fast as I can. I'm hanging up now. You'll be okay, right?" I asked, slipping into the jacket.

"Mhm," she hummed, hiccuping.

Please be okay.

"Scratch that. I'll stay with with on the call while I come there."

"No. I'll. . . I'll be fine. Just. . .get her quickly."

"Okay. Be there soon."

As I hung up the phone, sudden realisation dawned on me as I left my room and walked towards the main door. How will I go there? I can't exactly walk there. I decided on taking a cab there. As I shut the door behind me and walked down the steps, I waited on the pavement for five minutes. Then ten. But there wasn't even a single taxi in sight.

I sighed.

"What do I do now?" I said out loud.

And as if on que, an idea sprung into my mind. Grabbing my phone out of my jacket's pocket, I unlocked it, dialling the number. After a few rings, I heard the sound of breathing on the phone, and then a groggy voice spoke up, laced with tiredness and remnants of sleep, which I disturbed.

"Hello. Eun Hee? Are you okay?" Seo Woo asked.

I smiled at his concern.

"Seo Woo, yes, I'm fine. But Sana isn't," I informed.

I shivered a little due the chilly wind.

"Wait. What happened to Sana?" His voice was alert now.

"I don't know. She called me. She was crying and she never cries. I have to go get her," I said, walking back to the steps, sitting on one of the stairs.

There was no point in standing.

"Where is she right now?" He asked.