Chapter Twenty Five

"What hurts more than losing you is knowing you're not fighting to keep me."

● ● ●

25.
SAVE ME

"So I'm going. Okay? You'll be alright by yourselves. Right?" Seo Woo asked us for the umpteenth time.

I rolled my eyes, flicking through the channel on television.

"Just go already," Sana said and started pushing Seo Woo out of the door.

He chuckled. "Okay okay. Calm down, Sana. I'm going."

Sana shut the door after he had left and sat next to me on the sofa.

After I had woken up today, I felt better than yesterday. The first thing I had done was tell Sana everything from the start till the end and Sana had made my ears bleed (almost) by the curse words she had been calling Jimin throughout the whole time I was telling her. I couldn't help but feel better than before.

And right now, Seo Woo went out to get my apartment unlocked. I couldn't wait to go back home and lie down in the comforts of my bed. I had started missing my bed.

I noticed Sana from my peripheral vision. She looked like she wanted to say something but was hesitating.

"What do you want to say, Sana?" I asked, changing the channel yet again.

Why is there nothing interesting on television today?

She turned towards the tv, placing her legs on the table in front of the sofa.

"You've been quiet today."

I glanced at her.

"Yeah?"

What would Jimin be doing right now?

Why the fuck do you care?

I shook my head. It had been like this since the morning. I kept thinking about Jimin. I just couldn't focus on anything else. It was like Jimin had made home in my mind.

In your heart too. My mind screamed. But I ignored it.

"Yes, Eun Hee. You are. What's up with you? You're done with Jimin, right? Shouldn't you be happy?" She asked, turning to look at me.

I sighed.

"I'm okay, Sana."

Lie.

"Yeah right. And you want me to believe that?" She scoffed, folding her arms over her chest.

"Mhm," I hummed, changing the channel yet again.

I could see her staring at me from my peripheral vision. What should I tell her? That I was feeling empty. That I couldn't keep Jimin out of my mind and it was driving me insane. Or that I kind of missed Jimin, even though all he had done was hurt me.

Don't Go. Stay.

I could still hear his voice in my mind, telling me to stay. He was sincere while uttering those words. And I would've stayed, if he had been sincere before. I would've stayed if he had...