Author's Note

Hi everyone!

If you've made it this far, I'd just like to say a very big thank you for dedicating so much of your time in today's busy world to sit down and read Lola. 

Lola might not be a Wattpad sensation, but it makes me so incredibly happy that there are real people, no matter how few of them, reading my story around the world.

I'd like to say an extra big thank you to these lovely people (don't worry if you haven't finished the story yet, this is a spoiler-free author's note):

@enthralledreader - You were always the first to read every chapter! I don't know how you did it, but you would always be hitting that vote button just minutes after I'd post a chapter. Your continued support and encouraging comments were always so uplifting to see, and they always motivated me to keep writing!

@Lanite1517 - You were the first reader to vote for Lola who wasn't one a personal friend, family member, boyfriend etc of mine who I would consistently nag to read it. I was so excited to see that a real person somewhere had stumbled across my book and found themself enjoying, and you have been great fun to have along for the ride.

@RVR_178 - From the very beginning, you've always been so encouraging towards my writing! I love reading your uplifting comments, and your theories on what you think might happen next. Thanks for always having the kindest words to say, whether they be about Lola, or a competition entry.

@tlryder - When Lola was experiencing a bit of a lull in the reads department, it was so exciting to see that somebody new was giving it a go and was nice enough to share their thoughts and feedback with me! Thank you so much for all your lovely comments throughout the story, they always made me smile.

@_lourdesy - It's always the best fun to have someone excited to comment and weigh in on the events of your story, and your little comments and interjections made writing so much fun! I love interacting in the comments section and hearing what you had to say about my chapters.

@MikiEng - Wattpad is full of people offering reviews for reads, but it can be tricky to find people who really do a great job. Your long, in-depth review of Lola back in its earlier days was so incredibly helpful to me! Your feedback was so thorough, and I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into giving my story a really constructive review.

@Reffster - Thanks for always commenting on every chapter with your funny insights and handy dandy typo detection. Editing will be a whole lot easier thanks to you and all your support. If anyone is looking for something to read, I would definitely recommend Reffster's masterpiece, "The Four Baristas of the Apocalypse." It's hilarious, and a well-deserved Watty winner.

@ShockofMissLouise - Thanks for coming back to my story so many times! It's always so satisfying to see that someone is continuing to enjoy a story over time, and I really appreciate the time and effort you put into reading my story!

@vincentvanshan - It was always an honour to get such lovely feedback from such a talented writer as yourself! Thanks for always being up to discuss writing with me, and being so supportive of my work.

@queen_of_sandwiches - Thanks for not only being a great real-life friend, but listening to me rant about how I was going to write my story, and never failing to give helpful tips. Thanks for always sticking with me, and supporting Lola back when it was just an idea in my head!

@Toddy2 - Thank you so much for finding time in your busy life to keep on reading my story! It's so exciting to have friends reading my book, and I always really appreciate your lovely feedback.

And to everyone who has hung around for the ride, thanks for being the best audience and author could hope for!

It's likely that you won't see much activity on my profile for a little while now (depending on how much I decide to procrastinate my university assignments), but holidays are coming up and there's a story that's been hanging around in my brain for a few years too long now that I think I'm finally ready to write. This new story is an idea that I've had for a lot longer than Lola, and is a completely different type of book. If you enjoy a story set in a dystopian future, this story might be for you.

Watch my profile for updates, and don't be afraid to say hi, tell me your thoughts about Lola, and ask me any questions you like! Maybe just chuck a spoiler warning at the start if you want to talk about the ending. I don't plan on ever writing a sequel to Lola, I think that her story has been well and truly wrapped up and trying to churn out a sequel would be a bit forced. I sure will miss my characters though...

Thanks again for an amazing time, and I'll see you all soon!

Goodbye from Dani, Cam, Kel, Zig, Mara, even Caitlyn, and I!